“Not on the tourist track”
Review of Rodi Bar

Rodi Bar
Ranked #197 of 6,974 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Reviewed March 10, 2019

Don't tell everyone but this restaurant is full of locals and hardly any tourists. We went for dinner and I would recommend that you eat early as, by 21.00 hours, the locals start to come out to play and it gets very busy. We had steak and I would recommend it as it was the best steak we had in all the time that we were in Chile and Argentina. The serving staff were very helpful and pleasant and the menu had English descriptions of the fare. It was very good value for money. As an aside, there was a television in the dining room so I was able to catch up on my team's (Liverpool) progress in the Champions Cup.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

Very friendly service although English is a slight issue. The items on the menu are in English though so you can figure out what you want and point to it. The waiter was very helpful and told my wife that what she was ordering was way too much for one (mostly through signs ) so we adjusted what we ordered.
I ordered the filet mignon with mushrooms and potato. The filet was huge - looked close to a pound of meat. However, I had ordered medium and it was almost rare and I could not eat half of it. I ate most of my wife’s who had ordered the half filet and it was more cooked than mine and she took half of my steak. I would recommend ordering the half filet if you are used to US sized steaks - even that would be larger than one is used to. I would not recommend the mushrooms as they were canned and had that metallic taste one gets from those. I thought they would be fresh.
All in all, a nice restaurant but if you like your meat medium to medium well you may want to stick to a sirloin.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019

We go to Rodi Bar several times during our stay in BA. Always pleasant, good, lively, affordable and feeling like home. Tira de asado and chorizo are fantastic. A Reserva wine that costs not much packs a lot of taste.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 7, 2019

very family oriented Argentinian steak restaurant. excellent food, great service, we had dinner there 2 days in a row. this is where locals eat.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 30, 2019 via mobile

Classic casual period neighborhood restaurant attracting mostly locals just a block from Recoleta Cemetery. Our dinner at 8 Pm was the perfect end to an active site seeing day. The service was excellent, attentive, and helpful. The small but inclusive menu offered lots of choices: my trout stuffed with leeks and an Argentine style Caprese salad was excellent in every way. My wife might have ordered the 1/2 filet mignon rather than the whole steak but it was grilled just to her rare taste. The Reserve Alamosa Malbec paired with both dinners. The kind of place you hope to find when traveling. We will return for lunch soon.

Date of visit: January 2019