“You won't be sorry - great location & service + Priscilla Rocks!”
Review of 06 Soho Suites

06 Soho Suites
Ranked #36 of 258 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Cathlamet, Washington
“You won't be sorry - great location & service + Priscilla Rocks!”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We were flying standby and could not commit to a reservation. I emailed Priscilla before about our situation and she said to let her know when we knew. I emailed her 15 minutes before departure and then called upon landing. She had a taxi waiting for us and we were off.

Our room overlooked the street and had it's own bath with shower. We were in room 6 and the kitchen was across the hall so we could get coffee to have in our room easily. We were there to learn to tango and Priscilla pointed out local milongas and told us about where to get the tango map/guide. We stayed for a week maintaining our west coast US time zone which fit BA nightlife well.

Breakfast was coffee, pastries/rolls with butter, jam and dulce de leche plus some off the best orange juice we've had. We woke to birds chirping and muted traffic noise until we opened the door to our balcony where we could see the dog-walkers and their charges.
AC was nice as the weather warmed up.

We can not say enough about how comfortable and at-home we felt here. Priscilla even got me a bottle of wine and a cake for my birthday. We really felt like family. We will be back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
UK
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I would move in and live with Priscilla, Javi & the team at 06 Soho Suites. This is a fantastic little B&B which is more of a boutique place (without the prices to match) located in the beautiful Palermo Soho area. The room was simple but great -spotlessly clean, really comfortable beds with a washstand in the room, cable tv, wifi and a separate shower/toilet. The best thing about 06 Soho suites by far is Priscilla, Javi & the team - we received the warmest welcome, were given loads of info and great advice on how to get around, shopping tips, restaurant recommendations etc and it really did feel like staying at a friends place. I was on my own for the majority of my stay in Bs As, and was so glad I had chosen to stay somewhere with a friendly atmosphere where someone would know if anything happened to me. I was unlucky enough to be robbed of all cash and credit cards (dont let it put you off - everyone I met in Bs As was fantastic and I loved it!) and Priscilla was fantastic, not only with the practical stuff of helping me get sorted, but also just really kind and supportive. B&B's in Buenos Aires watch out - you can copy the style, but there's only one Priscilla!! If I was going back and couldn't stay here, I'd be gutted!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed November 14, 2010

If you are after a true Buenos Aires experience, then I recommend staying at Soho Suites. Priscilla and Javier will give you a warm welcome upon arrival and will continue to help make your Argentinian experience as easy and memorable as possible. From places to eat, to markets, to crazy football (soccer) games, to seeing tango, Priscilla will go out of her way to help you plan your days if you need it (I am not sure what we would have done without her?!). The rooms have lots of charm and are kept very clean. Lovely Estair will ensure that you have some dulce de leche to enjoy each morning! Palermo is a beautiful area to stay in, with good restaurants and lovely streets to walk around. Enjoy!!

• Stayed September 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Great customer service!! Priscila was wonderful at suggeting local restaurants, making arrangments for taxi transfers and giving a overview of the whole city. Rooms are clean, simple and each have a balcony. Steak restaurant and Empanada Restaurant below the B&B are a must!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
brisbane
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My friend and I were traveling around Argentina last month and I was told that we should stay in 06 Soho Suites. When we arrived at this amazing litte B&B we were welcomed by Pricilla who made us feel welcome right away! I can't explain my gratitude to pricilla, Javi and Estar. They went out of their way to tell us where to eat, where to shop, where to go see tango, helped me with the police when my passport was stolen, fed us unlimited ducle de leche.....just amazing! I have spoken to other travellers who stayed in different accommodation who wished they had stayed in Soho Suites! It was a real highlight of our trip!

It is in the most amazing central location where not once did we feel like we were in danger, and even better we were directly underneath the most amazing steak restaurant in the world!!! Right next door there was also the most amazing empanadas in town at juanitos!!

Without doubt, book it. You will not regret it!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed here with my cousin for 3 nights and we were delighted. The staff is extremely kind and attentive, the rooms are clean and simple but extremely cozy. There are high ceilings, air conditioning, and our room (3) had a wonderful little balcony. The beds were the best, we slept very well. There is wifi in the rooms, a very nice kitchen anyone can use, and you have your own keys to the front door so you can go in and out at any time. The area is the great, close to outlet shops, very nice coffee places, bars, nightlife, fairs, and restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
São Paulo
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stayed two nights and it was very nice. The place is cool, and the people too. The owner Priscila is very attentive.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple