“Fantastic Location”

Ranked #39 of 256 Buenos Aires B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic Location”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights in March 2010 and loved it. The location was fantastic and the owner, Priscilla was incredible. She was so helpful and accommodating. The room was very clean and we also had a little balcony which was very nice. She also arranged for a taxi for us to get to the airport when we were leaving. This is great stay in Buenos Aires, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
sologrrl
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Priscila was so gracious after my flight was delayed several times due to the Chilean volcano ash. And Norberto, my driver, hung out at the airport well after my arrival due to the long, slow passport control line so I want to give big thanks to him as well. After arriving at the hotel Priscila laid out the city and neighborhood outlining things to do. I did every single one and her recommendations were spot on.

The room itself was so cute. It is small by American standards, the bathroom was sizable (I've been in some the size of a very small closet) and there's a small sink in the room itself. As I was solo I felt the size of the room was just right. The room and bathroom were spotless. It was chilly in BA, but they do have a heating wall unit to keep you warm. There is also a kitchen where you can cook your own food if you wish.
Breakfast mainly consists of coffee, juice, rolls, and some sweet pastries, which will hold you over until lunch. The best part was having my own balcony where I could people watch and just listen to the sounds of the neighborhood. There are many eating, shopping, bar/clubbing options within walking distance. I felt very safe walking around very late at night/early morning. It is a big city though, so just stay aware. The subway is 10 blocks away, but it is a lovely 10 blocks :). The location is just great!

The only criticism I would say is the noise level. I slept like a rock (Buenos Aires will wear you out..seriously), but for someone who is not used to city noise it will take some getting used to. Also each morning the doorbell would ring which would serve as an alarm clock, but this was only a brief disturbance and I'd fall right back to sleep (yes..lazy tourist). Overall it was beyond a great value for the money and would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
bury, lancs
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed here in April 2011 for over a week and would recommend it to anyone who wants a hotel within easy reach of the bars, restaurants and shops of Buenos Aires. Located near the excellent shopping district of Palermo Soho and a short walk/taxi ride from Palermo Hollywood for a great selection of bars and nightlife. Priscilla was a good host & very helpful with booking restaurants and travel tickets. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Pricillia is fantastic, she is very nice and gave us great advice without being overbearing in any way. She asked what we planned to do and then gave us some suggestions that totally added to our day (it was the last day of our trip, we had been to BA already for 3 days the week before, but didn't stay there - we wish we had!!)
There are 6 suites (hence the name) and it's owned by a group of friends. The rooms are simple, comfortable and modern. Nothing flashy, which was great. Simple comfort. They are located right above a famous restaurant in BA (La Cabrera) which on weekend nights might mean it gets loud. But we stayed on a Sunday night and it was quiet.
Great location in Palermo Soho, near restaurants, shopping, nightlife. Walkable to Recoletta.
The breakfast was quite sparse, but we found that in a few places. and for the price we were totally happy.
There are a lot of stairs to get up to the place, so if you have issues with stairs, don't stay here. Also there is no signage by the door or anything, so at first you wonder if you booked anything at all!
Definitely reccommend. If we ever go back to BA we will absolutely stay there.

Room Tip: We connected via email - it was easy.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scrimp81
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Priscila and Javier are very friendly and helpful, they'll give you all the information you need about Buenos Aires.
It is very well located, cozy, but not the quietest... During the weekend the bars and restaurantes under the B&B stay open till late hours, so if you're not a heavy sleeper, it can be annoying...
Despite that I still recommend the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I did a lot of research on Tripadvisor before our trip and I'm glad I did because I found this hidden gem in Buenos Aires. From the first email til we said good bye in Argentina Priscilla has been extremely helpful, friendly and cordial.

A couple of things:
- Priscilla responds to emails pretty quickly (with in 24 hours)
- She suggested places we might want to check out (she is very knowledgeable about the neighborhood and Buenos Aires in general)
- She was very accommodating, did I mention friendly?
The boutique hotel itself:
- it's located in a great part of Palermo (La Cabrera is right under it)
- the rooms are clean, modern, chic, spacious, and they have air conditioning.
- wifi is available
- if you need a hair dryer or iron they can provide you with one.
- there is a kitchenette which I'm disappointed in myself for not taking a picture because it's quite lovely and the set up they do for the breakfast is also very charming. Also, the included breakfast of sweet rolls, traditional Argentinian breads, croissants, coffee, tea, is delicious. I still miss it sometimes.
- There is a transfer service so if you need to be picked up or dropped off at the airport they can arrange for Norberto to pick you up (for a small fee of course).
We stayed there a total of 3 nights and on one of those nights there was something going on in La Cabrera where the diners were being rowdy but it wasn't too much, nothing a good pair of ear plugs didn't fix.
When two of our traveling companions almost made us miss our flight, Priscilla was there to the rescue!
All in all it was a wonderful trip and I would highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Buenos Aires.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roxiroxi
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 22, 2011

A great place to stay. Apart from the location, what makes 06 Soho Suites is Priscilla - she has a wealth of knowledge and wants you to have the best stay possible. She helps you plan your days and is always there with a smile and a laugh to enjoy what you did. Thanks so much.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo