When Americans of a certain age hear the words Howard Johnson, they think of outdated, funky orange & blue motels. The Howard Johnson Boutique Recoleta is definitely modern. Located in the walking-friendly Recoleta district of Buenos Aires, it has modest rooms with flat screen TVs, a mini bar, hot showers and nice bathrooms, and the beds are comfortable. The rooms are quiet; I couldn't hear anybody next door or in the hallway. There is a large hot tub on the main floor (but it wasn't hot enough, really), along with a sauna and a small fitness center. Breakfast is complimentary and is served downstairs, in a bright airy room. Standard Argentinian breakfast fare includes cold slices of ham, sliced cheese, various croissants, pastries and toast, along with coffee and hot water for tea. Also, as I saw at every hotel, there was a choice between corn flakes and frosted flakes. Eggs are made to order but you have to request them.
The hotel is very convenient to the main street, 9 de Julio, and I felt safe walking at all hours of the night, even with my $6k camera wrapped around my wrist. Most of the staff speaks English and are more than willing to call you a taxi or change money (at a much better rate than I got from the bank).
The rooms have key cards and in-room safes, along with a small fridge.
A bonus, at least in my room, were the wall outlets: they accepted all my US cords (two-prong only) without the need for an adapter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Hotel Boutique Recoleta, strategically located in one of the most exclusive areas of Buenos Aires, is only few minutes away from the financial district and the most prestigious cultural, commercial and entertainment attractions with easy access to Buenos Aires domestic and international airports. More than a hotel it is a philosophy in which each guest is our focus and their needs are anticipated and satisfied in the most personalised and professional way. A unique experience centred on excellence and quality service, which will make your stay memorable. Designed and equipped with the highest technology and with the most refined selection of facilities and details to offer the most pleasant, comfortable and unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel Boutique Recoleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Boutique Recoleta
- Howard Johnson Buenos Aires