New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #53 of 452 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Northumberland, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great location. Staff is friendly.and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. Good breakfast included with room. Air conditioned as expected ( but now always present in other areas of Argentina )

There is a 200 character minimum per Trip Advisor- so I should have this by now.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Mid Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is very comfortable and in a great location. The staff is incredible. Rooms are very nice. But be aware there is construction next door. This means early morning noise. Very loud from 8am to about 6pm. if you want to sleep late, this may cause a problem.

Room Tip: Three blocks to alvear street and cemetery. Also nice restaurants straight down block by small loca...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My home away from home for 10 days, this 3 year old 29 room gen was perfection in comfort and service. I was amazed and appreciative how such a small hotel could afford such a professionally competent and caring staff, reponding to my many first time in Argentina visitor requests and even to assist in solving my considerable problems. My billfold, credit card and half of my cash was robbed by a man and woman's con: liquid apparently from a second story balcony hit me and they came from behind to offer tissues and then helped me wipe off the sticky goop from my clothing. After thanking them shortly I realized it was they who had sprayed me from behind and wiped so well that they wiped away my billford. The hotel helped me get the phone number to report the credit card theft, get my clothes cleaned at their expense, and gave me the support to my considerable emotional distress which I as a solo 77 year old traveler I needed. The 50 previous countries I have visited didn't prepare me for this. The rooms are spacious, the mattresses are a perfect half way between hard and soft, the air-heat conditioning responds to the guest's specification, quiet all night, nice breakfast spred, good advice for my city sites and restaurants, good central location in Recoleta from which I walked almost everywhere I went and everyone at the hotel was so very nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Iowaconsultant
Topanga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for the first three nights of our month in Buenos Aires. It was a great place to get our bearings for the rest of our stay (we rented an apartment for the rest of the time). It is in a great location close to all that Recoleta offers. We walked everywhere! The staff at the front desk was very helpful and attentive especially to our kids and their needs. We had a room with two queen beds and was spacious enough, but not for longer than 3 days as four of us in that one room got crowded after awhile! The bathroom and bedroom are both lovely and clean.
The only issue we had was the construction going on next door that started early every morning except Sunday and sounded like it was drilling and hammering on the wall above our beds. It was quite loud!
The breakfast is simple and plentiful and the courtyard in the back is a sunny spot to enjoy it.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel for families, friends and stays up to about a week in length.

Room Tip: The construction is happening on the right side of the hotel (as facing the front of the hotel) so r...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The HJ Recoleta Boutique Hotel is a really good choice at this nice neighborhood.
I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and just did not have a perfect staying, because there is a construction just beside it, that seems/sounds that the constructors are inside your brain, early in a Saturday morning!!!!
By the way, check my ratings:
1) ROOM
- Positive: Big (huge), clean and with modern furniture;
- Negative: A bit dark, too soft mattress and pillows;
2) BATHROOM
- Positive: Clean, good sized and great shower;
- Negative: Tiny space at the shower place;
3) SERVICE
- Positive: Friendly staff;
- Negative: They can just call for one specific cab company, that is the most expensive one in BA, and they do not tell you that… I just realized it when I ask for a taxi to go to the airport and the front desk guy said it would cost me AR$250,00!!! I paid AR$170,00 (with tips) to a cab I chose just in front of the hotel!!!
4) OVERALL
I would go back to this hotel, but first I would certify myself about the construction besides it and if there is a room that do not take all that noise.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank João L
Plymouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have mixed feelings about our stay in the Howard Johnson. The triple room was clean and spacious, and the reception staff were friendly and helpful. There was a reasonable selection available for the buffet breakfast although the restaurant is rather pokey. The hotel has a Jacuzzi and steam room (which had an out of order notice on it during the whole of our seven-day stay).

Unfortunately extremely noisy construction work was taking place next door, where apartments are being built. I realise this was outside the control of the hotel, but the noise started some mornings at 8am (not 9am claimed by the hotel) and continued until 6pm. Not necessarily a problem if you're planning to breakfast early and be out of the hotel all day but not very conducive to a relaxing break! Our room was supposed to be furthest away from the work but it made no difference, the noise affected the whole hotel.

I feel the hotel should have offered discount rates for the period of disruption. Some might think why should they take the hit for something outside of their control, but I’m tempted to think the hit taken through loss of business is far greater. Not many guests would be happy paying full rate to stay at an extremely noisy hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karl80
RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and son for the night before going back home. Very clean, confortable beds, good breakfast (bread, sweets, eggs, fruits, juices and coffee/milk). Just five blocks from Recoleta Mall, close to the Cemetery where Evita was buried. There is a nice "plaza" where you find Church of Nss. Sra.Del Pilar and Centro Cultural Recoleta. On sundays, there is a street fair where you can find local presents made of leather and local food (parrilada - smell and taste fantastic). Also, there is a Information Center at the "plaza" where you can buy tickets for the Buenos Aires Bus Tour (www.buenosairesbus.com.ar).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family