“What a good night!”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What a good night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Although we got our tickets through very questionable means (thanks a lot G!...lol) we had such a great time. We had no idea the wine and food were included with the ticket! That was a pleasant surprise and their empanadas were great although I will have to say that I was an empanada eating fool on this trip. I got one at every corner!
The tango show was ok, I got a bit bored for about 15 minutes and fell asleep, or it could have been the wine bottles we drank. Our poor server, he decided just to leave the bottles with us because he was having to refill often ;-)
Also unless they reserved a table for you at the front just know that this is communal seating, fancy communal seating, but communal seating non the less. And although there were some people with jeans on the atmosphere calls for a bit of swanky dressing.
Now I wish I had gotten a copy of the pictures we took with the tango dancers.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank soldiergirl1001

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Virginia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Better Not Knowing the Tango?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our tour guide chose Tango Poteno for the obligatory tango show and dinner. We had good seats down front. The meal and service were quite good. Despite being thoroughly exhausted having gone directly from our red eye flight into the tour of Buenos Airees, we all enjoyed the show. We were impressed with the way they had converted this old movie theater to a dinner theater. I liked the way they inserted old movie clips between acts. I also liked the way they presented various "moods" of tango - flirty, seductive, sexy, comical. I readily admit I know nothing of the techniques of tango but I found all of it really entertaining. I liked the way they would feature the small orchestra. My only regret is that not understanding Spanish, I was unable to understand the story the singers were telling.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank TravlinJackVA
GA
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Wonderful tango show and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

Tango Porteno was recommended and walking distance from our bed and breakfast. We elected the cheaper seats with dinner. The dinner was excellent and our waiter attentive. He never failed to keep our wine glasses full, even after dinner. The tango show was excellent. It lasted about 1.5 hours and we loved the show and music. The singing and dancing were professional and enjoyable. I recommend the dining and show combination.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank GADawgGa
Melbourne, Australia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A good show and dinner, the price is a bit high”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

We did the dinner, lesson and show. The lesson was quite good, the food was good, but not amazing. The show was interesting, with very talented dancers. You can't get an idea of any story line if you don't speak spanish. We perhaps expected it to have a little more story line/acting like a musical. The biggest down side is the price, it is quite expensive. Go in expecting not too much and you will come out happier.

Visited October 2013
Sunnyvale, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Boring”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

One of the reasons why I wanted to visit Buenos Aires is because of go to Tango show, but I think you can see better in the states. The dancers were professional, but the show itself was very boring. Also, waiters constantly walking in front of you. We had a few people in front of us who were not happy with the bill they received and were arguing about it in the middle of the show.

Visited December 2013