“Our best experience in Buenos Aires!”
Review of Astrid y Gaston - CLOSED

Astrid y Gaston
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

From the begining to the end, everything was perfect.
Our table was ready when we came (in a quiet corner as requested on my reservation) and a charming young waiter, very well educated, explained us with a lot of details how we could make our menu, as we were not familiar with peruvian food. Her help was precious and we enjoyed a lot of new savorous flavors. We warmly recommend this place to someone looking for an alternative to the (good!) argentine food.

1  Thank Dommeldange

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Ii'm actually seated at the restaurant. And I've been here for more than an hour and they only brought as the appetizers. We told the manager about it but he didn't care. The quality of the food is excellent. As a matter of fact is not our first visit. But it surely would be our last. The service is extremely poor. Their way is sloooow. But it is not a slow food restaurant!!!!

1  Thank Irinadg
Reviewed October 26, 2012

While it was a very nice experience, I was disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much due to the prestigious name, however there was plenty of room for improvement. The downstairs waiting area had a very cool style, but the upstairs restaurant was a little plain. The waiters weren't too slow (it is Argentina after all), but we did have to grab their attention when they were standing around talking to each other. The ceviche tasting platter was very delicious - but honestly, I much more enjoyed the ceviche restaurant in Palermo Hollywood (where it tasted better, had bigger portions and was cheaper!) The drinks were reasonably priced and tasted lovely. Overall it was a nice experience, but had no 'wow' factor - and there are plenty of places in Buenos Aires with wow factor!

1  Thank Kiphtoot
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Upon reception we were seated in the deserted first floor and waited .... kept waiting and waiting. After 10 min. I went downstairs and found a cook coming from the kitchen - no service personal at all. When I got angry about this kind of treatment I'm not willing to accept in restaurants of this class and prizing a young inefficient waitress snapped back at us. No question if we would like any aperitifs - no nothing. At this moment we were actually thinking of leaving this unfriendly place. My husband however decided to stay and to be honest the food was of good quality however not as nicely presented and imaginative as in Astrid y Gaston in Santiago de Chile. The wine the waiter recommended was also ok - but frankly and honestly - NEVER AGAIN !!!!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I tried the tasting menu and was very well served, I was totally satisfied with the meal.
But I've felt that something is missed, some special touch.
I've been in others Astrid and Gaston Restaurants in Lima and Santiago, which were better than this. However, the food was good and the service was fast and efficient.
It is worth knowing if you're a fan of Peruvian food and Gaston Acurio, who is a chef I admire greatly.
In the end, I recommend a visit. The tasting menu is a fair price.
The atmosphere is very good.

3  Thank Yumi D