Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$368
$350
  • Pool
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$128
$136
  • Restaurant
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$77
$74
  • Breakfast included
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$161
$120
$535
  • Pool
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$220
$185
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$247
$161
  • Pool
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$279
$205
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$189
$184
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslas violetaspope francischarming hotelhome away from homesubtesubwayneighborhoodrivadavia
Reviewed January 8, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at Raco over the New Year period. When we arrived in BA half the city was without power. Julian and his team had set up portable lights and candles and made the best of a bad situation.

Once the power came back on, we realised how great this place was. The rooms are all in a lovely boutique building and very comfortable. The bathrooms are brand new and beds comfortable. The service was what really made it for us though- the staff were all exceptionally nice and went out of their way to help us with advice and directions. The breakfast each morning is superb!

The hotel is not right in the city- it's not walking distance to the obelisk. But thesubte (underground) station is only two blocks away and the downtown of BA is very accessible.

Stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cody85
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Very good choice!

The hotel is located in a quite neigbourhood where you still find some nice tipical restaurants to have dinner. Shops, banks and anything else you may need are nearby as well. It's not located in the center, yet there is a Subte (tube) station just three blocks from the hotel, and after a 15 minutes trip you're right in front of the Casa Rosada. The Subte does though not run very late in the evening, yet a taxi ride from the centre to the hotel costs just about 25 pesos.

In any case, we thought it was more than worthwile to stay a bit away from the centre in this really nice hotel, since staff was very friendly and helpful and breakfast excellent (including yougurt and fruit salad). My mother fell ill one day and thus stayed in bed, and the staff offered to buy her drinks, food or anything she might need while the rest of the family went visiting. I also very muche liked the staff's reaction to the only problem we encountered: After a torrential rain, some water ran into our room and we were immediately given another one, and the landlady even helped us moving our stuff. The problem with the roof is probably already fixed, by the way.

The thing we most liked in this hotel are its rooms and in general the style of interior decoration: The apparently rather old and tipical building has been renovated recently (opening a year ago) and with much love for detail. No room resembles another one, and behind each corner you discover another cosy seating corner or courtyard table. Bathrooms are new and very well functioning.

Only tiny complaint I have: the airport pick-up service by a taxi driver somehow affiliated with the hotel seemed a bit overpriced, yet the service was much appreciated after a long flight.

I would definitely stay again at Raco, my parents will do so in a weeks time, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes to stay in a quite, nice place with style.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LaGugus
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Stayed here 2x, upon arrival and departureinto South America. Small boutique hotel a little off the beaten track but easy to get to anything: about 5 minutes walk to the Castro Barrios Subtle A line which gets you into Playa Del Mayo within 15-20 minutes. Cabs arent that expensive in the city - maybe US$7 up to Palermo area, and I enjoyed discovering the sometime tricky bus system to also allow me to view BAires from above ground. Rooms are wood floored, around a small courtyard of the hotel, with mini-fridge, TV and AC. Staff are really so very atttentive and kind: check in on you before you arrival - of your needs! And upon arrival, you are presented with a map and details of anything, everything..nothing is an inconvenience to them So always very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was very filling with various breads, yogurt, eggs, etc.. I had to just ask for eggs and toast as they just provided too much. Hotel is on a quite but safe street with schools in the area, supermarket about 1 1-2 blocks away. If you dont mind being away from the center of town (and really so easy and quick to get into) this is a wonderful stay: great value and exceptional service.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed here for six nights. The rooms were nice, well appointed, and clean. We found the beds very comfortable and the air conditioning dealt with the summer heat well. The continental breakfast (pastries, toast, yogurt, fruit salad, juice, and coffee) was a very generous portion. We chose to take advantage of the private car service the hotel offered to an and from the airport. It was nice to leave customs and see someone holding your name on a card as opposed to trying to arrange a taxi on our own.

What I liked best however, were the personable staff. They all spoke English well. On the first night, the desk agent (Celeste) showed us sites in Buenos Aires and local eateries on map. This served as our itinerary for our entire visit. On Christmas Eve, the hotel arranged for a Tango Dinner show which was much better than we expected. Other staff were just as accommodating: offering to call restaurants and attractions for reservations and providing instructions on how to get to attraction etc;. This is small boutique hotel that excels in providing clients with genuine warm personable service in a distinctive locale.

Walking around at night was no problem whatsoever for us. There are numerous restaurants, banks (with ATMs), and the subway (Line A) are all within 5-10 minute walk.

If you are looking for an authentic experience in Buenos Aires nieghbourhood, this boutique hotel is definitely it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2010

If you wish to get closer to the local suburban way of life, I would recommend you to give this hotel a try.

The hotel is not too far from the city (and not too close either). A cozy hotel with personally touch rooms. Quite different to the posh areas like Recoleta.

The big differentiating factor is the warm and friendly staff. They helped to recommend good restaurants around the area; helped me to get to watch local football game; reminded me to bring my champagne to my friend's pre-wedding cocktail; let me store my luggage in the attic while I went to Iguazu.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends