“Great place! Great value! Great service!”

Hotel Boutique Raco de Buenos Aires
Ranked #161 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here on two occasions within a 3 week time span. The first time for 6 days and the second time for 4 days. Both times the staff were fantastic, giving us a local perspective of Buenos Aires. The recommendations they'd made were always good and they always looked to make your experience great. We enjoyed that it was away from the center as we felt like we were getting a more authentic experience. Our room was great. It was big and always clean. The subway and buses were easily accessible. Thank you to Julian, Virginia, Andrea, Natalia, and everyone else for making it hard to leave!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VioletaRyan S

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent almost two weeks in Buenos Aires and choosed Racó after reading Tripadvisor reviews. The place is wonderful. The staff is very friendly, they like to chat with the gests about almost everything. I thank Virginia, Mauricio, the girl from Costa Rica (sorry... I forgot her name) and others for the warm reception. The breakfast is probably the best hotel breakfast I had in my life, the tostados and the earl grey tea are great.
I had a problem with the book date and later with the PayPal payment but the hotel owner was very kind and helped with everything I needed.
About the location, you can easily walk to a subway station that will get you anywere in town in a few minutes. Believe me, it's really easy and fast to get to the station from the hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HZTomassi
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I spent 4 days in BA and were very impressed with the hotel. The staff were excellent and very helpful, they provided excellent recommendations and even helped with our communication barrier. The hotel is beautiful and the neighborhood is nice & quiet. Some people noted that the hotel is a little ways from the hustle & bustle of BA, but we thought this was a plus as it felt like we were part of the community. We would definitely stay here again without hesitation. Our experience in BA was wonderful & Hotel Raco De Buenos Aires was simply fantastic.

Room Tip: We opted for a room with a private bath, just our preference...we found the middle rooms to be the b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Raco is now my preferred choice of place when staying in Buenos Aries. The rooms are beautiful. The staff amongst some of the best and the service is first class. Price is very good making the value excpetional, and location is central to all you need in Buenos Aries. You would be silly if you do not try this one !! Bernie K from Australia

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bernie K
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at Raco for five nights and got a beautiful room facing the courtyard, where you can have breakfast served in the morning.

The area is mainly residential, so it’s really calm and pleasant to walk around. There is a huge park nearby where I went for a jog every morning, and very good quality restaurants within a few blocks. The staff gave me directions for the subway (blue line) and buses, to get to the hot spots in less than 20 minutes.

Great value for your money. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have just returned from Buenos Aires. I was lucky: a friend's apartment where I had been invited lost its hot water for baths and central heating, so the father of my goddaughter found Boutique Racó, and I spent several delightful days there. The owner's family had an antique 1900 house in a very nice neighborhood, and he updated it keeping the unique, elegant, attractive old elegance, and offering comfort and cleanliness and quality. The rooms are large, comfortable, with ample space to place your clothes, an up-to-date complete bathroom, linen of top quality, and even if you look at the photos in their Internet description, the reality is that you are in a palatial place, PLUS the fact that you are going to be treated royally. The Racó is family run, and the employees are young girls and boys (all around 21 years old) who are University students, speak excellent English and are up-to-date in classical knowledge of what is offered in BsAs (abbreviation for Buenos Aires). Young lady Andrea will converse with you about great European writers, philosophers and poets. Then get ready for the Breakfast! You can have it in a couple of places, but I recommend it downstairs. You will be offered superb coffee, excellent milk (all kept super-hot), a selection of the famous "medialunas" (Argentine croissants, probable the best in the world), toasted sandwiches ("tostados"), excellent fruits in an elegant glass ("macedonia de frutas"?) plus delicious yogurt, and .... as you enjoy that, delightful Vanessa (owner's wife) will offer you "more and more". Unbelievable but true! A couple of blocks to Avenida Rivadavia you will find a turn-of-the-century "Las Violetas" confitería, which will bring you back to the 1900's. To summarize: Beyond 5-Stars in elegance, personal treatment, and .... unforgettable!

Room Tip: I believe there are only 16 or 19 rooms, and I also believe that they are similar, but you could ask...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jcdt
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The Raco is a real Gem. Tucked in a calm & very safe area of town 10m walk from the tube which takes you directly into Plaza de Majo, this is simply what you call a boutique hotel. Full of character, friendly, young and helpful staff. Definitely hits the "excellent" rating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple