All reviewslas violetaspope francischarming hotelhome away from homesubtesubwayneighborhoodrivadaviaboutique
Reviewed November 9, 2012

great room with balcony overlooking a quiet street and a tasty, filling breakfast to start the day. My thanks to Julian, Victoria and Natalie for their help and advice finding restaurants, ordering cabs and making my stay an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the street was a great experience
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank michael D
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel is very unique. The beds were awesome and cozy. The staff was very helpful. We wanted to find some very non tourist places and they knew just what the locals like. And the hotel is very clean. The only thing they recommended that we didnt like was a private tango "class" They hadn't tried it themselves so they werent sure about it. I wouldnt recommend it. We basically went with some tango instructors to watch them dance tango which was rather boring and exhausting....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shira K
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I really liked my stay at the Hotel Boutique Raco. The hotel is in a quite neighborhood away from the city center but also afforded the chance for enjoyable strolls and another view of the city. I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming and they guided us to any information we needed. We were treated to a fantastic breakfast and very attentive service. The rooms are well appointed and stylish and the bathrooms were immaculate and lovely. The place was very comfortable and I would stay again. The only point I did not like, was that we do not usually want housekeeping services while we stay in a hotel because we value our privacy very highly. I was disappointed that they did not honor my request that we not receive maid service. Otherwise, they were a great hotel. One observation: the return taxi to the airport ended up being cheaper than the one arranged for us by the hotel upon arrival, so it may have been just as well or better to fend for ourselves for transport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank primerstar6
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm not one of those 5* rating sheep, believe me. I do however give this hotel 5 stars because it was absolutely amazing for the price. It really is a boutique hotel (the attention to detail is there for all to see) and the staff are particularly friendly and helpful (unlike the Circus Hotel where we stayed a week earlier).
If you don't know Buenos Aires I would say that the location isn't perfect, but was absolutely fine for us. It's a short taxi ride to the night life in Palermo, as it is also to San Telmo. La Boca is a bit further, and you can take the metro about 6 stops down to Centro. It's superb value for money, so maybe the average location is why it's not as expensive as it looks.

There is free wifi with range extenders. I did find however that in the corner of my room I couldn't connect reliably and had to walk nearer the door for bigger pages. I think they should reposition at least one of the extenders.

A little tip - If you want to eat good food with the locals at super cheap prices head to a place called La Siciliano (or something very similar) 2 blocks away on the corner of Quito and Colombres.

I would definitely stay here again, in fact I made that mental note within the first day of staying there. I just wish I was with my girlfriend and not a guy from my rugby team(!!) because it's definitely somewhere the ladies would find particularly pleasant due to the decor and vibe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Francis R
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A lovely hotel with a very friendly service makes Raco a very special place. The hotel is in a beautiful house in a quiet area just 3 blocks from Castro Barros tube station and directly linked with Plaza de Mayo.
If I had to name a member of staff who made a difference I would be unfair with the others. Every sigle person in that hotel made us feel special and welcome. The rooms are tastefully decorated, really cozy and with aircon ( which makes a huge difference in summer) and with a really nice bathroom.
Breakfast was very good, plenty of food (continental style), either served in a breakfast room, in your bedroom or in the courtyard. There are also 2 big supermarkets just a block away. Internet is free and it works quite well.
It was a shame we only stayed 3 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. Highly recommended if you want to stay in a central location, close to public transport and want 1st class service. HAVE FUN!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple