All reviews las violetas pope francis charming hotel home away from home subte subway neighborhood rivadavia boutique
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I really liked my stay at the Hotel Boutique Raco. The hotel is in a quite neighborhood away from the city center but also afforded the chance for enjoyable strolls and another view of the city. I found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming and they guided us to any information we needed. We were treated to a fantastic breakfast and very attentive service. The rooms are well appointed and stylish and the bathrooms were immaculate and lovely. The place was very comfortable and I would stay again. The only point I did not like, was that we do not usually want housekeeping services while we stay in a hotel because we value our privacy very highly. I was disappointed that they did not honor my request that we not receive maid service. Otherwise, they were a great hotel. One observation: the return taxi to the airport ended up being cheaper than the one arranged for us by the hotel upon arrival, so it may have been just as well or better to fend for ourselves for transport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank primerstar6
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I'm not one of those 5* rating sheep, believe me. I do however give this hotel 5 stars because it was absolutely amazing for the price. It really is a boutique hotel (the attention to detail is there for all to see) and the staff are particularly friendly and helpful (unlike the Circus Hotel where we stayed a week earlier).
If you don't know Buenos Aires I would say that the location isn't perfect, but was absolutely fine for us. It's a short taxi ride to the night life in Palermo, as it is also to San Telmo. La Boca is a bit further, and you can take the metro about 6 stops down to Centro. It's superb value for money, so maybe the average location is why it's not as expensive as it looks.

There is free wifi with range extenders. I did find however that in the corner of my room I couldn't connect reliably and had to walk nearer the door for bigger pages. I think they should reposition at least one of the extenders.

A little tip - If you want to eat good food with the locals at super cheap prices head to a place called La Siciliano (or something very similar) 2 blocks away on the corner of Quito and Colombres.

I would definitely stay here again, in fact I made that mental note within the first day of staying there. I just wish I was with my girlfriend and not a guy from my rugby team(!!) because it's definitely somewhere the ladies would find particularly pleasant due to the decor and vibe.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Francis R
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A lovely hotel with a very friendly service makes Raco a very special place. The hotel is in a beautiful house in a quiet area just 3 blocks from Castro Barros tube station and directly linked with Plaza de Mayo.
If I had to name a member of staff who made a difference I would be unfair with the others. Every sigle person in that hotel made us feel special and welcome. The rooms are tastefully decorated, really cozy and with aircon ( which makes a huge difference in summer) and with a really nice bathroom.
Breakfast was very good, plenty of food (continental style), either served in a breakfast room, in your bedroom or in the courtyard. There are also 2 big supermarkets just a block away. Internet is free and it works quite well.
It was a shame we only stayed 3 nights and wished we could have stayed longer. Highly recommended if you want to stay in a central location, close to public transport and want 1st class service. HAVE FUN!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 20traveller01
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I booked based upon recommendations on Tripadvisor and was pleased I did. The strength of the hotel is the friendly and helpful staff - speaking excellent English. They can help navigate which bus to take and subway line to board, as well as the best nearby restaurants. Don't be scared of by the location as it is nearby a subway line (which is easy to get around and ridiculously cheap) and an inexpensive cab fare from Palermo. They helped booked a trip boat to Uruguay when my Iphone was acting up. Solid continental breakfast. Loved the locations as you could stumble into a place and be the only foreigner there. For example, one neighborhood bar I came across had an amazing performance of Tango singer with an acoustic guitar accompaniment, much better than some of the Las Vegas style Tango they peddle in fliers on Florida Street. Felt safe when walking around.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 795WilliamS795
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We switched to the Raco after spending many nights at the Centro area, and were looking for some quiet place. Based on the good reviews on Tripadvisor and on its attractive rate we picked it and I have to say that I was not disappointed and that it deserves its good reviews.
Strong points of the hotel: 1) the staff, kind, attentive, warm, helpful, excellent human relations. 2) true "boutique" hotel, nice design and very clean.
Weak points: location (it is far away from all major touristic attractions), wi fi works only in rooms close to reception, there was no breakfast option, if I remember correctly, and, as it was the end of the summer so we had some mosquitos problems the first night. The next day they gave us an electrical device against mosquitos and they also upgraded us to a huge suite, very comfortable and fancy. Altogether a very nice place, which left a very good memory of our stay there, and big thanks to its great staff.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple