“Unprofessional” 1 of 5 bubbles

Espacia Suites
Aventura, Florida
“Unprofessional”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I called this hotel to make a reservation and agent LUIS - Front desk quoted me a rate of $112.53 per night incl tax and 25% off being offered on line and asked me to send a copy of the credit card, however I gave him the information by phone and sent him an email as he requested so he could send me the confirmation by email, all this happened around 4pm and he surprised me with an email at 8:30pm saying that the rate is now $149.73! The reason? he says the 25% was until the afternoon and it was already night time well the 25% was still on the website and when I told him this his was speechless with no valid excuse, he then went on to say that he received the email at 9pm when I have confirmation that it was received at 5:30pm.
He was extremely rude and tried to rip off a customer that at the end would of been an excellent account since we go to B.A on a monthly basis.
I find it unprofessional and a complete fraud when people like him try to take advantage of a customer.
When a business says a price and they take your credit card information, that is a commitment to provide the goods between the establishment and the customer.
Please be aware of "so called hotels" that try to steal from customers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lima Region, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

the best location in Belgrano, close to the train, subway, and shoppings, restaurants. I the most beautifull family area in Buenos Aires, to feel how they live in Buenos Aires, is the right place.
very nice swimming pool , breakfast poor, but there is a Carrefour just 20 meters and restaurants all over...so I eat what I want in my room, with kitchen , with a very nice balcony.

Room Tip: back rooms , high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

wireless internet very spotty at best. Pool was closed in the afternoon when the sun was over the pool.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank Wetwklley99
Rio de Janeiro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

- Nice clean but the bathroom is small (see pictures). Very good breakfast. Very polited and helpful employees;
- Ar conditioning working great (outside was 35 C!!) (31/1/2011);
- 4 blocks from Olleros subway (subte) - 'linea D' (get you subway map @ http://www.subte.com.ar/mapas/subte_alta.htm);
- 4 blocks from Colegialles train station (linea Mitre);

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was a guest at the Espacia Suites for a week in January. It is a lovely "aparthotel" in the Belgrano neighborhood. The hotel is beautifully designed and an excellent value. The only fault I can find is the somewhat standoffish behaviour I experineced from some of the front desk staff. Lucia, who checked me in was the exception and was charming and helpful. I had stayed at the Miira Vida in October and had the opposite experience so maybe I am spoiled but it seems like a smile or even just looking up as I am leaving after a week would be a nice touch.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

We found this hotel on one of the hotel booking sites. There is very little information available outside of the hotel's own website. This was our first time to BA so we didn't have an appreciation for how big the city is (or how bad traffic can be). All of this is to say, Espacia is not centrally located. It is in Belgrano, a residential area west of Palermo. The cab ride is relatively short from Palermo (10 mins) but at least 20-25 mins to Recoleta. There really isn't much to do within walking distance, so I'd recommend staying in Palermo or Recoleta.

The hotel itself comprises about 25 rooms, 3 per floor on 9 floors. We stayed in room 804, a junior suite with terrace. I think it's the one on the website, as we had one of the only open terraces. The room size was adequate (if a little narrow), had a nice kitchenette and a clean bathroom. The king sized bed has a big hump in the middle and is too short if you're taller than 6'. Our A/C had a leak if you left it running any longer than 10 mins, and unfortunately the leak was right over the headboard, so we couldn't use it, and it wasn't fixed (we asked once, and decided to just open the windows, beware of the bugs though). It was ok given the time of the year, but this would have been a big issue had it been a hotter time of year, not to mention the potential for mold if it isn't fixed soon.

The staff was generally very nice and helpful (outside of the ac issue). Breakfast was just ok. There is a small pool area which we did not use. We didn't make use of our terrace either, but it was nice to have.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dmeredith
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2009

My husband, 5 month old daughter and I were in Buenos Aires from Dec. 20th to Jan. 1st., visiting family. Since there were a lot of us in town, my abuela (grandmother) found us a hotel right around the corner from her apartment in Belgrano. Espacia Suites was a wonderful experience. The staff were extremely friendly, accommodating and helpful.

The hotel itself is great b/c it is set up with a small kitchen area, and everything you would need to cook, utensils, etc; although, with all the wonderful food in Buenos Aires, I don't see many people staying in to cook. It is ideal though, for people with babies who need to prepare bottles and warm them up. The rooms are spacious and have great amenities. Free breakfast is served every morning, which was delicious. I could get my fill of yogurt and dulce de leche.

The location of the hotel is a short (when there is no traffic) 15 -20 min cab drive to the center of town and a cost of about $9. Belgrano is a great neighborhood as well, with lovely shops and restaurants, less of a tourist trap.

I loved my stay at Espacia Suites as did my husband and daughter. The staff was lovely with us, especially with my daughter. They made Christmas Day and New Year's Eve special for us by leaving us a bottle of champagne and a lovely note. It is a hidden jewel in Belgrano. Oh, and it is also very affordable for anyone watching their money.