“Good Peruvian food”
Review of Tanta

Tanta
Ranked #174 of 6,357 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Neighborhood: Retiro
Description: Tanta Argentina is your living room, dining room or terrace. We celebrate Peruvian cuisine and its diversity as a family. We make Creole Peruvian cuisine, pasta, traditional Peruvian stews, anticuchos, piqueos, salads, soups and much more. We also have cocktail bar, coffee, and pastry shop.
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to tanta outside Argentina. It was pretty good. Tasty dishes. Good portion size. Cocktails were fine. Staff was attentive (there were only 3 tables though)

Reviewed May 8, 2018

We have living here for 34 months and stopped going to a restaurant long ago. My wife was taken to this Peruvian place by a Peruvian coworker. Tanta is the daily bread for Gastón Acurio's restaurants in America, from Chicago to Buenos Aires. And he does not disappoint.
I only ate the ribs here, which I did not like. Nor do I recommend them. It was a T-Rex rib, boiled, no flavour. The accompanying sauce was good.
The other item I always have, the lomo saltado, is just the best I had anywhere. And it is not expensive, since I paid for a milanesa (breaded veal) the same $280 (USD$16) in a sandwich in a cafe-bar.
This like comparing your mother (the lomo) with a donkey (the milanesa).
This lomo I had without spice nor onions. Every time it gets to me medium rare, the fries crispy, the white rice and peas with tomatoe, just delicious.
My wife eats spicy food, has ventured to other dishes, my eyes wander into her plate, but I know I cannot eat it. A pity. The mother in law has even had a burger, a turkey sandwich and other things, all of them very good.
The empanadas are the best in town. Big and with real meat and juicy. I always bring them home.
Tanta has become or restaurant, we go there every Saturday when in town. The food tastes great and prices are not high like other restaurants. a very good buy.
There is another problem with Tanta. The deserts... oh, boy! You want them all. I have had many, all of them exquisite. And I also bring them home... you have to keep your belly stable, right? Eating good on weekdays.
The service I have had goes from excellent to good. Depending on who waits on you. Never bad.
There is a covered parking beneath the building, which you have to pay like every place in Buenos Aires.

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been there with my husband for dinner last week. Great service and good food. We shared a few appetizers: Ceviche, croquetas Tanta and the Causushi. It’s perfect if you’re not that hungry.We also had Pisco Sour.
Everything was tasty and the place has a great atmosphere for a romantic dinner. We do recommend it!

Marcelo D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Tanta, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Thanks for your comments Jaqueline!

I hope you will visit us again.

Cheers!

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Peruvian food is one my favorites and I heard good comments about this restaurant from a top one in Buenos Aires. Very busy place on Friday evening so better make your reservation in advance specially if are coming with friends. I went solo and enjoyed the traditional tiradito limeño (ceviche), tender, juicy, neither too hot spicy not burning acidic. No luck with my wine choice and main dish though and service was slow

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The Chef Gaston Acurio eventually opened in Buenos Aires one of his Tanta restaurants whose network covers some Latin American countries. The formula is a limited menu of typically Peruvian plates. The new one in Buenso Aires has a nice and warn setting and the cusine is good. Even if it is not a "cevicheria" like "La Mar" it should be good to add at least one or two fish plates to the menu.
But beware of your belongings, where I was there I just saw a customer having her handbag stolen by a couple pretending to look for some friends, and allowed to stroll among the tables.... until they found a prey.