“Good Korean food”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Don't expect anything fancy - it looks like there used to be some kind of a shady bar that they just took the place over from and did not really bother redecorating. But for me this adds to the charm of the place.

Although the place is busy there are only two waiters working the floor - they are very helpful, explain things, offer suggestions.

I love Korean food and I think this place offers avers good rendition of it. The bulgogi and other grilled beef dish are especially delicious as is the calamari in a spicy sauce. Korean ice cream is also offered. Fun to go in a group of people and share.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Service is excellent - Portions are huge and cheap and, above all, very tasty. it's just like being in Korea. Shame I could not try cold noodles (summer only) but pork, kimchi, soup and bibimbap were all very good.
Would go back there for sure.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Outstanding food and service to go with it. I never went to Korea, so obviously I never had Korean food there, but I guess it wont' differ that much from what I truly enjoyed here up to an ecstatic level. My palate felt like an African disco, so gorged on flavor, spice and merry. I will come back until I have had everything on the menu, and then again. One thing, don't even think of having wine with this kind of food, as your entire digestive tract may go up in flames, just beer of water. Not that I've done it, i thought of that first. And the ambiance could be better, the air was very heavy in smells and there was too much light for my taste, but that's just me.
All in all, me and the girlfriend left walking on air. Beautiful!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I don't have a lot to add to what's been said, except that I had some of the best tempura veggies I've ever eaten. They also have Asian-style ice cream treats -- again, a nice change from heavy gelato.

The atmosphere was OK; reminded me of a confitería.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

The food was about as good as Korean fare gets outside of Korea -- but I DISAGREE COMPLETELY with the reviewer who said the dishes tasted just like those in Korea. It must be expensive to get Korean ingredients this far south and west...or actually, east of Korea... b/c the prices were 2x-4x those in San Francisco and 5x-10x those in Seoul, depending on the dish in question. The beef in the bibimbop I ordered was delicious -- divine, even, but why in the world was the cook so skimpy with the amount -- only a few measly bites?!? In the land of beef?!?
If you're dying for the most authentic possible Korean fare -- or anything with a bit of spice, I'd recommend this place. If you can wait to go to a good Korean place in your hometown, enjoy the "Porteno" fare while here.

1  Thank c1scottc