“The place to stay in BA”

Telmho Hotel Boutique
Ranked #162 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
“The place to stay in BA”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is very centrally located. In the heart of the lively old neighbourhood of Telmo, right in front of the cosy Plaza Dorrego. But also on walking distance from the center Plaza de Mayo.
The rooms in the hotel are spacious, clean, comfortable and have all facilities.
The staff of the hotel is really friendly and supportive in every question you have about BA. You really feel welcome and when we go back to BA we certainly will stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Beaumaris, Australia
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The excellent service at this hotel started before we arrived via email.
The Hotel situated opposite the Plaza Dorego in the San Telmo district and within walking distance of the city. This area has real character with good eating places. We felt safe at all hours.
The room was very good and had a small balcony overlooking the Plaza, which in the Easter period, meant plenty of late night noise but we would not have swapped the room for another. Loved the atmoshphere of the plaza. We could sit there and watch the Tango dancers and still feel part of it.
The staff were friendly and helpul.
Breakfast basic but adequate.
Free good quality WiFi.
Overall the experience was excellent and we would return to this hotel again if we return to Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room do not ask for a room fronting the Plaza.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was unsure of which hotels would be good to stay at in Buenos Aires and I ended up picking this one through my travel agent. I was most impressed with the staff at the hotel and their knowledge about the city was invaluable in selecting the right things to do while I was there. The wi-fi was great (which was a necessity while I was traveling) and the breakfast was good too. The room was comfortable and different - I have never had a loft style room before. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend because of my good experiences there. The location was nice - being right on the Plaza Dorrego - but it was somewhat far (walking distance) from some of the other major neighborhoods around the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were just passing through BA on our way home. Wanted a clean safe hotel, good value for money in an excellent location. This delivered everything with a smile. Recommended for those wanting to get out and see the sights with a sanctuary at night. My only tip would be to get a room at the back for a quiet sleep - or to get one at the front to enjoy the atmosphere on the square all night long!

Room Tip: get a room at the back to avoid street noise - or get one at the front to enjoy the atmosphere!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Thank you to Andreas and the rest of the Telmho Staff for a wonderful stay. I arrived from New York on March 5 and landed in my lovely, clean, modern room. The location is terrific on the Plaza Dorrego and I walked from there to La Baca, Casa Rosada, Teatro Colon (I'm from New York and enjoy walking).

The service of the hotel was really good. Everyone was personable and helpful and nothing seemed too much to ask.

Also, the roof top is lovely. It was a great place to read with a glass of wine while the sun was setting.

I'd highly recommend Telmho to others. My trip had two parts in Buenos Aires and my second stay was at the edge of Recoleta and completely sucked. I had purchased a prepaid (non-refundable) room for the second half of the stay and the whole time I wanted to be back a Telmho.

My last night my partner came to meet me and he also enjoyed the room. It was nice to have the upstairs and downstairs when one sleeping and the other reading.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206. This room has very little outside light. IF that is an issue request anothe...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I´ve loved the experience at this hotel in the heart of Buenos Aires. Clean, confortable, good service, and small. Human standards, I don´t like big hotels full of people everywhere, so this kind of place is perfect for me. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ciudad del Este, Paraguay
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I went to a conference near San telmo neighbourhood and I found this hotel.
I had a good time during my staying. The rooms were new, clean and confortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful, they gave me very good tips about Buenos Aires. I highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business