“The beef was sooo good!”
Review of La Payuca

La Payuca
Ranked #1,031 of 4,783 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Palermo
Sydney, Australia
“The beef was sooo good!”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had a very good rib eye steak at this restaurant. Because they are so big - about 450g or 1/2 lb we shared a steak. We had vegetables which means really potatoes and sweet potatoes etc so you may need to ask for a salad.

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
“Very good steak”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Very good steak beef and nice ambience. The staff is very friendly. Suggestion: focus on the meat, in my case I chose chorizo that was excelent.

1 Thank Karlonocera
Tokyo
“Great meat, terrible other food.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The baby beef we had here was fantastic. As was the chorizo sausage. Really wished we had ordered nothing but meat, because the salad, fried provolone, and grilled vegetables were all terrible. It's difficult to ruin grilled vegetables the way they did.
So, if you do go, get meat and more meat and don't be distracted by anything else.
They're friendly to English speakers, and have an English menu.
I thought the prices on the meat were quite reasonable for the flavor.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank saikou
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good but don't go out of your way”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

First Padrillo ever. I am a meat lover so I've been excited about trying the Argentina meat that I've heard so much about. I chose this restaurant bc it was close to my hotel. Very nice ambience and I found the staff to be friendly and "understanding" abt my very limited spanish. They brought an english menu w/out my asking, but then the waiter spoke no english. Via pointing and such we successfully ordered. I love the rustic form of serving w/large portions, very generous wine pours and eating off wood. That said, the Bife de chorize (Sirloin) was a bit chewy and had minimal flavor. The portion and look of the grilled vegetables were amazing, but again, a lack of flavor to an American who is used to a lot of butter, salt, and other horrors that we put on our food. I ordered a run off the mill Malberc which was very good. Overall, I am satisfied bc I only paid abt $60 for 2 people. Had it been at the USD cost, I would have been a bit disappointed, again mainly bc of the overall quality of the piece of meat I received. It was a large cut, but I would have been happier with a smaller cut w/lots of juiceness and flavor.
I would recommend the restaurant to a friend, but without hyping up their expectations.

• Visited April 2013
White Rock, Canada
“Very good argentinian food”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The beef and meat selections were very good. Friendly helpful service and communicated well without much English. Excellent wine selection with very good Malbecs.

Visited January 2013