“La Payuca Restaurant, A Great Help To Beat Inflation”
Review of La Payuca

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Feb 22, 2012

We have been passing La Payuca at Arenales, 3443 for a month, now. Every time that we go by we look at their executive lunch menu @ $45AR. Today, we decided to give it a try.

The menu has several choices including steak, a grilled vegetable platter, chicken, pasta, schnitzel, & more. A choice of beverages are included.

My husband ordered the bife de chorizo with fries. I ordered the grilled vegetable platter. We each ordered a glass of red wine. The wine was a good quality table wine & the quantity was generous. The waiter brought half a dozen freshly baked dinner rolls that were very good. The steak arrived & was tender and rare. The vegetable platter was enormous! It included potatoes, squash, zucchini, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, sweet potato & mushrooms. The eggplant could have been cooked a little longer for my taste.
Otherwise, the meals were both delicious.

There was a $10AR table charge per person. As we enjoyed the dinner rolls so much, my DH asked if, we could take them home. The waiter came back with a bag that contained our rolls & another half dozen for good measure! What a delightful experience.:)

Reviewed January 17, 2012

I gave this an average review even though the food was really good. It is a great place for families as they have a large play area for kids ustairs. Our service was not the best, even for BsAs standards but it was fine. I enjoyed my steak, it wasn't the best I've had but it was really good. I will go back with my kids again so they can play and I can eat!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

A couple of years ago, we enjoyed La Payuca, and watching the meat being grilled etc. When we returned in 2011, however, the meat was just fair - and this was 3 different cuts for 3 different people....so, no more La Payuca for us.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

The empanadas are great, and it's a typical dish, you can't miss it, and it is not expensive!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Therevis a lot of great steak in Buenos Aires but this isn't where to find it. The 2 variations we had on bife de chorizo were tough & dry. The playroom seems a hit with the kids but really that seems the only reason to recommend it. This had been recommended by a friend who had been here some time ago, but judging from our experience & other recent reviews in TA it has gone downhill.