“best honeymoon place in BA”
Review of Casa Calma Hotel

Casa Calma Hotel
Ranked #4 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed October 23, 2009

mybe a little exaggeration , but in my 40 yrs of traveling, casa calma was by far the best place i've ever been to. the staff attended our every need. the type of personal service of bouques could not be compared with any of the other boutiques we have stayed in BA.

the room was spacious, the service ' they changed bedding 3 times daily . they even placed our clothing away. the mini breakfast was excellent, and individually tailored to our needs. even when breakfast hours was over , they made efforts to meet our needs.

the obvious disadvanagtes is that it is downtown...more cityish...streets are a little run down and possibly dangerous. the staff tell you where to eat...and you just need to be a little wise and careful , as you should in any city ' at any location.

at this hotel we felt as if we were the only couple staying , even though it was a full house. the perfect honeymoon place. i would return any time , any day..
vic

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vicmdNewYork
There are newer reviews for Casa Calma Hotel

Reviewed September 30, 2009

Honestly i cannot rave about this place enough. a real gem of a place...all the staff wonderful... i just want to say thank you to maria, dolores, analia, giesela and augustina...u guys are great...really warm and helpful people...a million times better that than the countless rude shop assistants we encountered in BA...honestly casacalma simply could not do enough for us! They recommendations (i.e for restaurants, out of town trips, trips to Uruguay, tango shows, bars, cafes etc) were all spot on

Amazing people that made the stay exceptional

the location is great...just 2 mintues walk from the shops in santa fe...a stone throw away from recoleta and reitro....i would have hated our stay had we stayed in palermo...anybody reading this do not stay in Palermo soho…yuck!!! .

the food in this place was amazing....the minbar selection is pretty cool...really i recommend the salmon sandwich to all from the snack menu...the healthy breakfast was plentiful and kept hunger at bay for a lot of the day...plus the complimentary fruit infused water and treats that we found in our room every night was a special touch

the room was a very good size for buenos aires...always very clean...very big at 50m2 (which is just rare in BA)...the beds are super comfy...

we stayed in the wellness premium room and it is so worth it to have the sauna, Scottish showers...love the fact that private massages were done in the room...also loved the fact that we had free access to a gym included in our stay...simply fab

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2009

I was recently in Buenos Aires on business and spent 16 nights at Casa Calma. The service, food, room w/ SPA features was absolutely fantastic. The staff was so friendly, helpful and really made my stay in BA wonderful. Whether I needed a button repaired on a pair of trousers, a suggestion for dinner, tips for getting around the city, or help curing a hangover(!) they treated me like family. Casa Calma offered much needed serenity in chaotic Microcentro... The rooms are bright, modern and luxurious, but also calm, relaxing, and comfortable.

I spent a lot of my free time in Palermo, which really requires a taxi to get to, but Casa Calma is in the perfect central location to walk to Recoleta, Puerto Madero, or San Telmo.

I loved it, and will definitely stay again the next time I'm in Buenos Aires. Thanks for everything Casa Calma!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I think I can say I’m a professional traveler, having traveled for many places either on business or leisure. I’m delighted to say this was the best hotel I have ever stayed so far. Everything was perfect during our 9 nights on the beginning of June/2009.
You get to your room and find actually a fully equipped spa with every detail imagined for you peace of mind during the stay: the nice Jacuzzi with its amenities, ipod dock, cd and dvd players, nespresso machine, super confy bed, sleepers, everything!
The hotel staff was always extremely nice during our stay: if I requested a reservation for restaurant or show on the morning, there would be an envelope with the confirmation over my bed, with details, and taxi booked as well!
On my birthday they were kind to help my wife to prepare a surprise for me with a complimentary chocolate cake.
Everyday when we came back from shopping and sightseeing there was a special treat in our room waiting for us.
The breakfast is fantastic – almost everything made by the hotel staff with special attention to bread and natural food. The only suggestion that I would give here is that they should have a menu on the restaurant downstairs. The menu can only be found on your room if you want to have breakfast there – no extra charge btw.
I managed to get a very reasonable price for the long stay – but honesty the casacalma is worth every penny they ask for.
The location is very central on BA, so if you don’t kwon the city it is perfect to move around. I recommend having dinner at the Grand Bar Danzon – just a few blocks away!
One suggestion – if you are a very light sleeper ask for the premium rooms, on the back of the building: same room but without the sauna, which doesn’t bother me. The Wellness Rooms are facing the busy Suipacha street. They do have double glaze windows and noise is low, but I’m really a very light sleeper – my wife could sleep anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We stayed at Casa Calma hotel in our honeymoon. We couldn't have made a better choice, the hotel is simply PERFECT ! We stayed in a Welness Room, which was clean, spacious and very calma (we could barely hear anything from the street, even being at buenos aires downtown). The location of the hotel is great, really near to Florida Street, Metro Station and Recoletta. Out hosts were very kind and provide us directions to anywhere we wanted to go.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank POATraveler
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Clean, well decorated, great staff help, perfect location..... this is the place to stay in B.A. Near to Recoleta , the Capital area, and the river. Rooms were large and clean. Bathrooms have sauna, large jacuzzi tubs, and double sinks. The service was excellent. The rates were negotiable as they are new and working on getting a name. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2008

We spent our last night in BA at Casa Calma and we are kicking ourselves for not booking in earlier! Tranquility and serenity greet you the moment you walk in the door. The bed was sublime and the spa-like facilities were superior. Nice touch - fruit and snacks already in the room when we checked in. Complimentary Internet. Staff were attentive and friendly (in English). They actually contacted the police department on our behalf to see if my purse that had been stolen at a neigbourhood restaurant was turned in. Not only that, they followed up a few weeks later to see if it was turned in. "Four Seasons" service at a fraction of the price. Great location and healthy organic restaurant make this a great choice.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)