“Great way to find out about the city from a local quickly”

Buenos Aires Free Tour
Ranked #11 of 274 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Buenos Aires Free Tours offers two DIFFERENT tours per day. One in the morning and the other one during the afternoon. Local guides show you the city that never sleeps, with their stories and secrets. They now also offer private tours which is a great way to see the city if you have limited time and are unable to join their regular group. For the free Buenos Aires tours you have to show up at the meeting points: -11 AM PLAZA DEL CONGRESO (Rivadavia Ave and Rodriguez Pena St) -5 PM at PLAZA SAN MARTIN (Santa Fe Ave and Maipu St, beside the horse monument). Both tours are different!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to find out about the city from a local quickly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

I went on the evening walking tour of Recoleta and it was excellent. Our guide (Sol) was really friendly and had great helpful tips of other things to do in the city as well.

The tour was really informative and gave you a much better insight to Buenos Aires than a guidebook. If I had of walked around this area on my own I wouldn't have noticed or appreciated half the sights I saw. Well worth it.

3 Thank go_lily_go

Birmingham, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

We did this tour our first morning in BA, and I'm so glad we did. Gaston was a great guide and helped to get us oriented to the city. He was funny and informative, even though it was freezing cold and wet. I feel like I learned a great deal about the city, its history and landmarks. Gaston later helped to point us towards good shopping areas, as well as helped us book an amazing tango show.

5 Thank fromAL
Adelaide, South Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent introduction to the geography and history of Buenos Aires”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

Walking tours can help you orient yourself geographically in a new city. This tour not only gave us this, but also a valuable insight into the history and culture of Argentina, and the mindset of the local Porteños. A great way to start your exploration of Buenos Aires. The guides are great, very helpful and will follow up via email on questions you have about the city. They will customize their advice based on your interests, so don't be shy! Sol and Maca are excellent ambassadors for their city. Thank you both for sharing your enthusiasm with us.

4 Thank marcus_5006
Buenos Aires
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“took both the morning and the afternoon tour - it's great !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

Hi there,
my columbian roommate recommended BA free tours to me, and I enjoyed it very much - it's fun and interesting and the guides are very entertaining and helpful and know a lot of things of their city that they like to share with the visitor.
abolutely recommended!
enjoy your trip, caroline

2 Thank intagie
Travelling
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Gotta be the best tour in town!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

Just got back from the 5PM BA Free Tour and can't wait to go again tomorrow for the (totally different) 11AM tour! Sol was funny, entertaining, knowledgeable and super informative. She not only told us about the history and stories of the neighborhood, but also gave us tips and information about other things we wanted to do in the city - things I don't think I would have found without having talked to her. The tour is free but, of course, tipping is encouraged and, believe me, you'll want to as she makes it worthwhile. A definite must-do.

3 Thank OneGiantStep