“Worthwhile”

Buenos Aires Free Tour
Ranked #14 of 289 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Buenos Aires Free Tour offers two DIFFERENT tours per day. One in the morning and the other one during the afternoon. Local guides show you the city that never sleeps, with their stories and secrets. We also offer private tours which is a great way to see the city if you have limited time and are unable to join their regular group. For the free Buenos Aires tours you have to show up at the meeting points, no booking required: -11 AM PLAZA DEL CONGRESO (Rivadavia Ave and Rodriguez Pena St) -3.30 PM at PLAZA SAN MARTIN (Santa Fe Ave and Maipu St, beside the horse monument). Both tours are different!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I took both AM and PM tours and both were pretty good. The culture one (I had it with Sol), was the better of the two so if you only have time for one, I would suggest the latter. The PM is more about the Buenos Aires you won't hardly read on travel books. The former was a hit and miss for me (having already taken a similar walking tour and done background reading about the city). I was looking forward to a bit more info about the other buildings on Avenida de Mayo. Regardless, I learned bits and pieces on this tour that I wouldn't have otherwise known, so for a couple of hours each, it was worth it.

1  Thank Iris A

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We participated in the evening walking tour. This tour of Buenos Aires exceeded our expectations. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and entertaining. Her English was perfect and her enthusiasm for Buenos Aires was contagious. We would have loved if a walking tour at this level was available in every city in South America!
Thanks Camilla for sharing the history of B.A with us and helping us understand the many passions that are a part of the life of an Argentinian.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I did the 11am tour with Gaston and the 5pm tour with Sol. Both tours were very interesting and informative in a relaxed way. The tours are quiet different. So, I can recommend everyone to attend both. Thx to Gaston and Sol who did a very good job.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Doing the 5pm tour with Sol around aristocratic Buenos Aires was excellent. She was passionate about her subject and very informative - not just about the historical stuff but also personal information that only a local would know. Hey - walking through the "plastic surgeon" part of town we got to see some pretty wild "fixed faces". Just not very happy that the tour ended at 8pm, in the dark, out by Recoleta cemetery - our only way home was by taxi. The 11am city tour with Gaston was OK but he seemed to be having a better time than the group. Everything was delivered with a funny/clever line when actually most of what we needed were the facts. It was a big group so maybe a little difficult to keep us all interested. Two days earlier we had walked the same walk with a different "free tour" which hands down was 100% better. Same walking distance but much more information delivered in a much more professional, interesting way. The tour says they are free - therefore it is not acceptable in our opinion to hear Gaston saying/laughing that 100 pesos would be an amount to give. That said - we defy you to walk away without giving anything. They say: "spread the word" - they also mean: "give us the peso"

1  Thank elsiek
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I wandered towards the appointed meeting place and was amazed to see people just rocking up to a sign in the middle of the plaza del congreso, on time!! We all shook hands and introduced ourselves and were off on an amazing walk with Virginia (Vir, like beer) as our guide. All of a sudden the mysteries of the city I had felt quite alone in for the past week were opened up. I at last found out how to order the right coffee ( a jarita as opposed to a lagrima or cafe con leche), what a submarina was (something yummy to do with chocolate!), where parliament went during the revolution (the coffee shop of course!) and was totally blown away by the story of the abuellas de la plaza de mayo, who still walk every Thursday at 3pm. Thank you for sharing the stories of your amazing city Virginia!! I thoroughly recommend this walk and can't wait to return another day to find out more!!

1  Thank Sally A