All reviews san telmo internal courtyard the perfect place to stay plenty of hot water rooms are comfortable bars and restaurants hotel is in a great location mauro balcarce argentina tango neighborhood spanish usd
Reviewed April 24, 2018

San Telmo is definitely the best place to stay in the city - and this nine room hotel is in the heart of the city. Slightly unusual set up in that the rooms are lined up around an internal courtyard.

Great value at around £35 GBP per night.
Once a house occupied by immigrant families in the late 19th century hence the inspiration behind the name ...babel of languages.

Friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2018

We only stayed in Babel for one night and never left the room as weren't feeling too good! However, the hotel was cheap, in a great location and offered everything needed. It's a little tired in places but has a nice vibe and the staff are helpful. I loved the downstairs art. If you are after a really quiet place then this probably isn't it as you can clearly hear music and talking from the rooms above the courtyard but it didn't disturb us. We'd happily stay here again and hope we feel better next time!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foxxylizzy
Reviewed January 20, 2018

There is a HUGE communication failure in the booking process. In this hotel, ALL THURSDAYS (which happened to be the day we stayed there), there is a party in the lobby with high DJ music, drinks (and other types of substances) and non-guests. The party ends at 11pm but before that time it is not possible to rest or enjoy the hotel, as it is very small (only 8 or 9 rooms) and the music is loud inside the room. If there was a warning about this in the booking process, there would be no problem, since only people who want to enjoy this fellowship would go to the hotel. It was not our case. We had a flight at 6a.m. and just wanted to rest in a quiet hotel. SO IT IS MANDATORY that there should be a warning about this in the description of the hotel and in the booking process. The staff argued that they warned us the moment we got there, but we were already there with our bags and had no time to look for another hotel. I can not comment on the other days of the week.

They were very helpful in offering us a breakfast at special time (3a.m., since we had an early morning flight). The location is very good.

Room Tip: Just go to this hotel on Thursdays if you want a party. I can not comment on the other days of the week.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole R
Reviewed January 18, 2018 via mobile

Visited this lovely little boutique hotel in the heart of San Telmo to get a sense of BA. The location is spot on so we walked everywhere most nights. Very clean and breakfast is quite good. Loved the vibe, very artsy (bohemian supporters of new local artists) and the manager really cares.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2018

The hotel is very tired and worn looking when compared to my previous stay (Nov. 2013), with walls needing paint, veneer peeling off furniture/walls, and wires sticking out of various places. My room also had dirty footprints on the wall when I checked in, and they remained there through the stay. Additionally, there was a dark mold all over the baseboard in my room. A room's size and lack of natural lighting can't be changed, but I figure a room should at least be clean and well-kept.

Additionally, there was an issue with check in. My father and I visited together, requesting a room with two beds. We knew this was possible because we had stayed there previously, and had a room with two beds as well as a great experience. Upon checking in, we were shown a room with one small bed, and after showing the staff member who checked us in our reservation that requested two beds, we were told that if we waited a little while longer, they could separate one of the large beds into two, and we could be in our room. This did not happen (because cleaning staff was no longer there?) and they accommodated us in separate rooms for the night, with the promise that beds would be split in the morning. When we came back from sight-seeing that next day, the beds were still not split, and we discovered it was actually ONE bed, and splitting it would not be possible. The staff didn't offer any additional assistance at this point to help remedy the situation, leaving my father and I to figure out sleeping arrangements on our own. I feel as though this could have been avoided if staff had responded to the confirmation emails we sent prior to our arrival, but they did not respond to multiple, leading to the above.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family