“One of my favorite neighborhood restaurants”
Review of Calden del Soho

Calden del Soho
Ranked #17 of 5,229 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have lived in Buenos Aires part time for seven years and this restaurant is two blocks from my house. Whether I am dining alone or with friends, this is always one of my top choices. The meat is absolutely incredible and the chimi churri is the best I've had in Argentina. The service is attentive and the prices are "up there" but reasonable for the top notch quality. The lighting is pretty bright (which I love for reading when I'm by myself) but the overall ambience is warm and friendly no matter the occassion. I wish I could import this place back to the U.S.!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Ordered the t-bone steak with ruccola sallad, wirh a soft saint felicen malbec whine. Ended the dinner with the fabolus baked apple.

From start to end a very pleasant experience

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend had a delicious dinner here. The meat was lovely and the wine too. The environment is nice too, relaxed and typical argentinian.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We visited Calden on our last evening in Buenos Aires and although the restaurant looks a little touristy, it's worth the visit. Juan Jose as our waiter made a difference and had good suggestions - from starters (the empanadas are wonderful, the mozzarella sticks are a little too much for a starter) to the main course - real Lomo!!! - to the wine and offering an alternative. We appreciated this as well as the environment and friendly hosts. Thank you!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had the best steak here during our 2.5 week trip to South America. Our overall experience was so nice, the food so good, and reasonably priced, that we back again on our last day!

The Bife de Lomo (as pointed out in a review below) is the equivalent of a filet but was huge and utterly delicious in every bite. Don't order it over cooked, medium-rare was unbelievable and probably could have ordered rare because I'm sure it would have been done perfectly.

A local place with really nice ambiance (I think we were the only people using the English menus) with a great wine selection too. Enjoy!