“Forget everywhere else - stay here!”
Review of Blue Soho Hotel

Blue Soho Hotel
Ranked #386 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for 10 days, and we loved every minute of it! The staff was just wonderful – Maricele, Luciano, and Nahuel were especially helpful and forgiving of our limited Spanish. Our room was on the lower level and, while a tad on the small side, was extremely quiet and comfortable. Very stylish, with great bedding, an awesome shower, and fresh flowers everyday. The breakfasts were likewise wonderful – they couldn’t wait to offer us fresh espresso, croissants, scrambled eggs and more every morning. And the location – smack in the middle of fashionable Palermo – really can’t be beaten. Shops and cafes all around. For coffee and dulce de leche, try La Salamandra just down the block. And for spicy Peruvian food, try Pozo Santo a few blocks away. -Ask Luciano for directions. Whenever we come back to Buenos Aires, we will make a point of staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank davlin98

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed at the Blue Soho for three nights and I'd probably not return.

The location is absolutley brilliant, Palermo is the neighbourhood to stay in when in buenos aires - great restaurants and cafe scene, safe, close to major attractions and very charming.

The hotel staff are excellent, they where always helpful , friendly and knowlegeable. Breakfast was OK - coffee excellent.

Unfortunatly the thing that I was dissapointed in was the room. I stayed in a standard double and for the price I paid, I expected a little more. My room did not have a window so it got quite stuffy and the AC was very noisy! The walls where thin and my room shared a door (locked) with the next room - this meant that I could hear the guests next door quite clearly. The room was also tiny and the front door had a window pane with a small curtain that did not quite cover all of the window, so privacy was an issue too. Perhaps the pricier rooms/suites do not suffer from these shortcomings.

I'd stay in Palermo again for sure but would look for alternative accomodation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank RR007007
Reviewed September 13, 2010

All the staff there were truely amazing. Our experience was extra special because of their helpfulness, kindness and wonderful service.
They answer so many questions for us and helped us figure out the city, making phone calls and telling us great places to shop.
The best breakfast definately out of all the hotels we stayed at. Blue Soho was decorated so cute!
I loved the fresh flowers.The maids were amazing too, our room always smelled so fresh.
Thank you so much for a wonderful experience. Our trip was special, because of meeting and staying with you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I spent 5 wonderful days at BlueSoho Hotel in Palermo.
People were very helpful and kindly. The rooms are great and climb.
The location is excellent.
I recommend it to every one.

Ludmila

Reviewed July 3, 2010

The Breakfast Service Is Amazing! The Staff Are Warm, Friendly And Will Do Anything To Make Your Stay Great. The Staff Go Out Of Their Way To Ensure Guests Have What They Need. I Have Stayed Here Twice In The Past Two Weeks--And It's Been Great Both Times

1  Thank GsbToronto
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Amazing staff and location. We felt like at home. 100% recomended

1  Thank jmsan81
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I was greeted by a very nice guy, helpful and friendly. Nahuel -the nice guy- has to put up with lack of staff, running around greeting people, taking their luggage, taking care of breakfast, answering the phone, opening and closing the door -that remains locked- greeting some more people... try to play concierge....
It just baffles me how they can call this place a four star (???) My room, toward the back of the old house, was humid, there was mildew all over the ceiling. Small, and simple, a 22" flat screen TV is balanced over a DVD player with the help of some packing tape (where am I?? Is this REALLY Buenos Aires) All this sits on top of what seems to be the closet. Some ugly looking wooden structure.
The toilet door does not open or close properly, the shower, which opens directly to my room separated by a curtain that they must have bought at the dollar store does not have hot water yet . They are telling me to wait. I am keeping my expectations low....
Internet is slow, at times is just does not work in the room.
The bed has a duvet, but the sheets are worn out and poor quality. The pillows are cheap, . They do no have the bedding right period.
I am having breakfast (adequate) and a couple girls walk in, and start cleaning around t. Maybe they will clean the rooms as well. Not like I care. I am checking out anyways. This said, the location of this hostal is good for those who want to stay around Soho and walk around. I guess you pay for location , and in a city where cabs are cheap is plain not worth it. Next time I am going back to Hollywood suites, or even The Raco, a bit out of the way offers much better rooms for about the same money.

SUMARIZING: Tourist trap. Location is their bait. A mix of horrible rooms and fair service (because of this ONE guy) OK breakfast, poor value. Throw in an extra 20 dollars and RUN somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo