“Great location but poorly maintained”
Review of Blue Soho Hotel

Blue Soho Hotel
Ranked #397 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Sao Paulo
“Great location but poorly maintained”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel is in a great location, but it is very poorly maintained, and housekeeping is weak because it does not exchange the towels. All staff are very kind and attentive. Should only make a general reform and take better care of the cleaning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Biasoli
BlueSoho, Gerente at Blue Soho Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
Dear customer,
we are sorry to know that your experience has not been positive.
Thank you for your comment: your feedback helps us to improve our service.
Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The Blue Soho is a charming boutique hotel. I read some of the earlier reviews and was concerned about musty smells as I'm allergic to mold. I had one of the rooms with no outside windows. I didn't have to use my inhaler once. My room was quiet, the water pressure was great and breakfast was good. The coffee? Awesome! They go to great lengths to keep the musty smells down. This is a very old building. It's not the Ritz. What may appear to be dirt is just the appearance of time. This is not the US, that is what people from the states need to understand. The culture is different. I embraced it and had great conversations with the manager at breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Vivsmom
Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at the Blue Soho for 4 nights. The hotel is a little past its prime and a little run down, but this is Argentina after all, and things cannot be held to the same standard as other countries. but that aside, the room was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, the price was great and the location was also very good. the room also had the best shower i've ever had in a hotel room.

so if you're going to BA, dont overlook this quaint boutique hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bjorn B
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I needed a hotel for one night, as repairs were being done back at our apartment. I found this "4-star" rated hotel on a popular website for discounted hotels, that doesn't give the name until you have pre-paid it. Stated free wi-fi in all rooms....well, maybe it was free but only if you could get a signal, which we never did. We could in the lobby. Breakfast was included....nothing special, bare bones. No elevator, although staff was happy to assist. Not sure about the other rooms, but in our room, "Retro" there was no window. My wife stated that hair dryer would not stay in electrical outlet. Toilet was not properly/fully mounted to the floor. Seat didn't want to stay in "up" position. The walls between rooms were thin. The wooden floors appeares to be unfinished. There was a 1" + difference between bedroom area floor and the bathroom floor, that I was reminded of in the middle of the night by means of my big toe. There were "French" doors with fairly flimsy curtains, which allowed light to come through from the hallway. There was a typical in-room push botton safe...interesting to note it was not secured to anything....so if someone broke into the room (via the glass panels of the French door), the "safe" could literally be picked up and removed, albeit, in the locked position. On the plus side, the manager on duty, okay the only person on duty, was very friendly and the location is very good for shopping and restaurants. This definately was not a "4-star" hotel.

Room Tip: Would not recommend the "Retro" room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sonomanorte
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hotel is in a fantastic location in Palermo and the price was very reasonable, especially since I paid in pesos. However, my room (Yellow) was more like a small step up from a hostel. It was bleak, with limited lightiing, and booby trapped for injury. For example, the sink and bathtub are actually in the bedroom and what separates it is a barely noticeable 2 inch step. Also, if you take a shower you have to navigate a small obstacle course between 2 sinks and step in to a slippery tub. I don't understand why some of these hotels don't put safety stickers in their tubs. The air conditioner leaked a pool of water at the entrance to the door. They service got someone in to repair it the next day, but given the mold and peeling paint below the air conditioner, I'd say this has been going on for a long time. The more I write, the funnier it gets. On leaving the hotel, I was carrying my bags down the stairs (no elevator) and pulled the hand railing off the wall. I wasn't the first person to do this. If you want a reasable price, in a great location, and are alert for your safety then you'll be fine.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Yellow room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed only one night on transfer to the airport and I really struck gold with this charming boutique hotel!! The staff are lovely and their communication was excellent - I had travel problems and didn't reach the hotel until 04:30am but they waited up for me and responded immediately to my emails. Nothing was too much trouble for them (and I pestered them a lot as was worried about arriving so late at night on my own in BA). Finally, the price - I had a concern as the price was significantly less than other hotels nearby but i needn't have worried. My room was beautiful and the breakfast was great. This hotel is a little gem, ooodles of charm and character. I'll definitely stay there again next time in in BA and I'll be bringing my boyfriend
To Anahi especially... a huge thank you!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 11, 2012

For those looking for a place at Palermo, Blue Soho is exactly in the middle of the action. Excellent location! However, pictures at the website are quite better than reality.
We were in several friends staying in different rooms. Some of them were happy about their rooms. Unfortunatley, it wasn´t my case. My room looked old, poorly kept, with mold walls and stains along the bathtub. The half wall of the bathroom gives a bad impression and the bathtub outside doesn´t look good either.
There was only a small window, overlooking the hallway. No lights, no air, no privacy. Fortunatly, it wasn´t noisy.
Breakfast was equally poor. On my last day, I had to leave the hotel around 7:30AM, as I had an early flight. Breakfast wasn´t ready yet, and the guy at the front desk (there was always only one person responsible for everything) wasn´t kind enough to offer me something to drink or eat, before checking out.
I left the hotel in fasting and went walking to another hotel in the neighborhood, where I met other friends who were going together to the airport. At their hotel they were having a nice breakfast, where they could order fresh juices, eggs, etc. Big difference, for very few extra dollars!
Almost forgot to say that I had to call the front desk more than once to open the safe. Go figure! They had to come over and open it with a passpartout. I felt very unsafe and sttoped using it.
I booked the room 6 months in advance and asked for the classic room upon my reservation, because I thought it looked nice on th epictures. My friends booked their rooms after mw and didn´t ask for any specific room. They were upgraded to the executive rooms when checking in. We payed the same rate. Lucky them!

Room Tip: Apparently the rooms upstairs with balconies are better. Ask for one like that.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends