“I recommend.”

Ranked #230 of 447 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Dublin, Irlanda
“I recommend.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

It's a nice hotel. Staff are great and they are very kind and they really want to help you. My room was nice too, very quietly and cleanly. However, despites of the food flavor, I didn’t think that it was too many options at breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ncaltabiano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Barbados
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was put up here on a business trip so can't comment on the cost. Its adequate for a short stay. The free Wifi was good. The breakfast could do with some improvement. Latinos are fussy about their coffee and this one gets a failing grade. They also need to provide a fruit juice as against the koolaid-like fruit drink. Having siad that the staff were very helpful (I changed to a quieter room. Phone calls were made on my behalf when my airport ride failed to materialise) and its in a good safe central location with plenty places to eat nearby.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not overlooking the road which is pretty busy
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff are so friendly and I found the location to be quite central. Teatro Colon and Florida Street is just minutes away by foot. The breakfast was good too. They had typical Argentine breakfast foods of breads, sweet croissants, tarts, but also cereal, fruit, yogurt, ham, and cheese. It's a quiet location too for good sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed on 4 separate occasions during,a 4 week stay in Argentina. Exceptional 3 star hotel in a great location just off 9 July and by the Obelisk. Great check-in, free wifi, and a good breakfast at a great rate makes this a very reasonable hotel.

For some reasons had the best nights sleep e ery time we stayed here. If you are looking for a convenient location, opposite the theatre, walking to Florida Street and Recoleta, this is a great little hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with numbers ending 04 or 05 for best wifi connection,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Viasui with our tour group at the beginning and then at the end of our visit. The hotel was a decent value and I would stay there again if I had a need to be in the area, but I would choose another part of the city if given the option.

The rooms were standard fare - compact yet not cramped. The bathroom had plenty of room for one person and was clean. A safe was provided for our valuables. We had air conditioning which was lovely (I live in an arid environment).

The front desk provided good service an offered help when we needed it. They also exchange money once per week at a fair rate which was helpful before we left for Patagonia. One note - keep US dollars as they can be spent everywhere in Argentina and Chile - in fact it is preferred in both countries and discounts are offered. We did not know this so we exchanged all of our dollars which was fine too.

What I did not enjoy was the location in the Microcenter but that is partially because I could care less about shopping - I like to eat. The Avenida de Florida was nearby as was the Casa Rosada so we could walk to both. Non-touristy cafe were either non-existent or difficult to find and the only reason we found a non-touristy restaurant in the area was because of our tour leader, an Argentinian.

I did not feel quite content outside the hotel to be honest. I am a frequent visitor to large cities, mostly in the US, and am usually not concerned if by myself. Normally I find that people are overly cautious in their safety reviews, but I would not go by myself at night and would be cautious about side streets during the day. Our Argentinian tour leader was approached twice and asked for all of her money during the daytime when walking near the hotel. To be fair, the perpetrators only said they had weapons (never showed them) and she got away with her money so you can decide for yourself.

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were forced to stay here as part of a tour and were very glad we booked another hotel for the extra days we had in BA. The staff were very unfriendly and were really grumpy. The elevator brokedown a couple times while we were in it. Our room had a strange odor. The breakfast was very basic. The neighborhood was very sketchy. It is centrally located which is good and they will buy your US dollars at a good rate. If you do have a choice of where to stay I would skip this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelcriticTdot

Travelers are raving about these Buenos Aires hotels

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The only reason I didn't give this hotel an extra star was because its location is not the safest and I was warned not to walk down to the main street by myself at night (and the street definitely doesn't feel safe - even during the day!).

But all in all this hotel is great value for money - you get what you pay for. The rooms are very basic, but good enough - the higher levels are quiet. The wifi is good on the lower levels but not the higher ones (but it IS included in your stay so that's a good thing!).

The breakfast is just okay - nothing fancy, but similar choices to other hotels (I've stayed in 5 hotels in BA over the past few weeks!).

The staff are friendly and helpful which is a big plus, and the hotel is walking distance to many great attractions like the Monument, Theatre District and San Telmo.

Room Tip: The higher the better for noise
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple