“Recommended for a quick sushi meal in BA”
Review of Itamae Sushi

Itamae Sushi
Ranked #1,324 of 5,044 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Not for a fancy restaurant dinner if that's what you're looking for, although the ambience is adequate. However, I think they offer a great sushi for the price, comparable to more expensive and fancier restaurants.

There are newer reviews for Itamae Sushi

Reviewed January 11, 2012

The food was good, really. The surprise came with the bill when we paid the "cobierto": 12$ each, which was not told before you order. And the second surprise is the "puntaria sugierida": the tips you should leave in other words... We didn't say no to it, but isn't it something you do yourself when you are happy with everything?

Reviewed December 31, 2011

There is a great variety of sushi places in Buenos Aires. Itamae is a chain that offers discounts and has several locations throughout the city. Do not bother because the sushi is really low quality. It never feels fresh, and some of their locations are not well kept. The last one I went to one has leather chairs that were torn and not nice at all. It is at a gorgeous location but the problems were the usual: food took 50 minutes to arrive, I had to ask twice for ice to chill the drinks, and sushi did not feel fresh at all. Try other places like Sushi Club, another sushi chain which is a more pricey but definitely worth paying it.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

We came to this location (1626 Thames) last night for dinner. It only opens at 8 in the night, and is open till 1 in the morning. The atmosphere was fantastic, dark with beautiful lighting and decorations. Our server was very sweet and helpful

I ordered the salmon salad, and my Husband got the 16-roll sunset combination. It was enough food for the both of us. A good salad is really hard to find in this city, and this was by far the most perfect salad I encountered my whole trip. The greens were cold, beautiful, and fresh. The salad had mango, avocado, wontons, and a lovely soy-ginger vinaigrette. The raw salmon on the side was absolutely wondrous with some soy and wasabi. It melted like butter in my mouth. My Husband's sushi was fantastic--inventive ingredients, and very fresh.

The bill came to $35 for water, an obligatory basket of breadsticks with a small charge per person ( I do hate that trend here in BA) 16 rolls of sushi, a large salmon salad, and coffee for 1 person. I wish we would have discovered Itamae when we first arrived, because we probably would have gone here every night. The reason I didn't give it 4 stars was when the restaurant got full, they only had one server, and the service was a bit slow. All in all, this was a superb experience, and we highly recommend it.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I requested an "Exotic" sushi combo last week to be delivered to my apartment in Buenos Aires. Neither was it as described in their website nor the quality of the sushi was even acceptable. I decided to discard it and order from another place. Lots of grummy rice, almost no salmon ... never again!!!

1  Thank Jorge C