“Not bad but...”

Ranked #1,292 of 5,046 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Description: When deciding on a place to share a meal with friends or family, without a doubt REENCUENTRO is the best option . Located in a classic corner of Palermo Soho, this stronghold was converted from its origin in a traditional meeting . Both the ground floor and the first floor recently opened a gastronomic offer of the highest level with "free on demand" system is offered . The specialty is salted lamb raised on our farm " La Chelita and Emilio " in the town of Gorchs , to ensure excellent quality. Traditional steaks on the grill, along with offal and sausages are delicacies worth trying accompanied by a variety of fresh salads. The homemade pastas are made daily artisanal and premium quality raw materials are used to achieve the unique taste of home cooking .
Reviewed July 7, 2013

A decent environment in Palermo with a very friendly staff. It's a BBQ oriented restaurant with a set menu system where you can eat all you want for a good price. No surprises there. But watch out: beverages, desserts and coffee are not included. In my opinion and to Argentine standards, beef dishes are below average so price-quality ratio is poor.

There are newer reviews for Reencuentro

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very local, good prices, but the meat was a kind of chewey...
Waiters were very helpful with the menu...

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Eat-all-you-can barbecue with good cuts, intermittent service, improvable a/c, very good location in the heart of Palermo Viejo. Possibly more enjoyable and less noisy off-season.

Reviewed October 22, 2011

It was one of the worst eating experiences we had in a city that has otherwise fabulous restaurants on offer. We had two terrible and unprecedented experiences (I have travelled the world over for work and leisure and have never experienced anything of this sort). First, they have a fixed, all-you-can-eat buffet style menu card. There was no English translation, which is fine, because I could speak some Spanish, but we were in the middle of the trendy and very touristy Palermo neighbourhood, so we were a little surprised with the Spanish only menu cards and inability for any of the waitstaff or manager to communicate, even to a limited extent, in English. No bother. What upset us terribly was that my husband ordered the "prix fixe" 75, all you can eat (which was not all you can eat, but a sorry excuse for an appetizer, a salad and a piece of meat that comprised the overpriced 3 dishes) meal and that the waitstaff would not let me keep my cutlery to have his salad. Not only was I threatened with paying 75 pesos for keeping my fork and not ordering a meal but just sharing my husband's salad, but there was no option for me at all to order anything except the full 3 course meal. After I made it very clear in Spanish to our waiter and his manager that my husband did NOT want to eat his salad and that he wanted to give it to me to eat, because I could not order anything off the menu, and it was clear that I was watching my husband eat, the owner's son came over to try to appease us. I explained the situation and he agreed that the situation was ridiclous (using the words "without logic" and that the menu was "irrational"), after which he apologized profusely and offered a salad to apologize on behalf of the restaurant's absurdly rigid ordering protocol. We have eaten at numerous all you can eat buffets, which this was likened to, in N. America and Europe, and never have we experienced such inflexible and unreasonable standards for sharing food. For a country that specializes in tapas and sharing food and wine, we found the experience anathema to the cultural context. The worst part of the experience was when we were presented with a bill in which a small bottle of wine that I had selected had been replaced with one that had cost 2x as much. In effect, the waiter replaced my 20 peso selection with one that was 40 pesos. IThere was no question of there having been confusion about which wine I ordered because the one that cost double was on another part of the page that was never discussed. Also, my husband saw me point to the wine I selected and heard me repeat the price for the smaller glass of wine. have never experienced such abrasive service and such disregard for customer service in my over 20 years of leisure and work travel.

We cannot emphasize how APPALLED we were with this move by the waiter. We have never experienced such terrible customer service and blatant disregard for that which we had ordered (ie selecting something 2x the prices and stuffing us with a higher bill).

This experience ruined our otherwise wonderful day. We strongly urge potential customers to stay away. To boot, my husband's meat was the worst he had had (we loved las Pizzaras, Social Paraiso and Lo de Jesus - all phenomenal places).

1  Thank AM H
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a parilla with an all-you-can-eat menu. We noticed it from the street: it was bright and modern looking, and buzzing with people at around 10:30pm. It was late and we were starving; we couldn't find the place we were looking for, this place was near and had good Tripadvisor reviews; it was busy, trendy-looking and inviting, and I was intrigued by the idea of all-you-can-eat steak. So, we went in.

We were seated and quickly realized that everyone there was local. We appeared to be the only tourists. There were couples dining, young professionals meeting for a bite after a long night at the office, a big family celebrating some occasion...and us.

The menu was overwhelming, even with a dictionary, because it was unclear what fell within the all-you-can-eat special and what didn't. Ultimately, noticing out confusion, our waiter brought us a (strange but professionally laid-out and mass-printed) pamphlet with common Spanish phrases and their translations, and with an extremely helpful list of the parilla's meats translated. And, since it was produced by the restaurant with the contact details and map on it, it made it clear that other tourists do stumble in.

Here's how it works: there's a list of meat options and a list of non-meat options, and you pick anything you want; when you're done, if you're still hungry, pick something else. The meat list included sausage, rump steak, sirloin, chicken breast, pork tenderloin, lamb, chitterlings, kidney... There are sides, including french fries and vegetables. Sausage and steak filled me up. But my friend and I shared the dulce de leche crepe which was delicious.

A note to vegetarians: my friend did not enjoy her pasta with spinach. She thought it was bland. She was quite critical of Argentinian cuisine (as bland) from then on. I'm sure there's a way for vegetarians to come away from this restaurant satisfied--i.e., avoid that pasta combo--but it's a restaurant that will surely appeal more to meat-eaters.

The staff were friendly on the whole and quite helpful.