“Terrible service”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I used to love this place, but the service is really aweful. The waiter was not interested at all in listening to what we wanted to order. We have to almost beg him to order. He brought the wrong drinks, and when the waitress discovered the mistake, she wanted to give them to the correct customers besides the fact we started drinking them already...The food was good but the service ruin our experience.

There are newer reviews for Milion

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Situated in a converted three storey mansion, it really does feel lavish… I don’t know if it was the rather idiosyncratic characters in the bar – a white suited, artfully wrinkled 50 year old with a much younger glamazon lover, a gay couple with the most outrageous hairstyles I have ever seen, and a load of designer glad Argentinian glitterati – but the whole place reminded me of the early clubbing scenes in The Great Beauty. It is a fantastic place for people watching, and sampling interesting cocktails too. See my full BA blog post here: http://floandelle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/argentina-buenos-aires.html

1  Thank flograhamdixon
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The physical plant is incredibly beautiful as it was formerly a "palacio" turned over to a foundation.
That is where it stops. The bar blares music more fitting for a 1970s disco making conversation next to impossible. I had one glass of ordinary wine for AR$40 plus tip (this is Buenos Aires, not New York, London or Paris). We were seated in a garden which I include in the physical plant and there, any thought of a higher ranking stopped. Although the food was good, it was not great and the best part of the service was that it was slow (half an hour between the end of the main course and the desert). I asked two questions of our "waitress" who did not have the answer to either but said she would check. That was the last time I saw her. The rest of the wait staff seemed inexperienced and aloof. We were a party of 18 and the "hostess" didn't bother to say good night or thank us for our visit. Not a place I would recommend, especially with so many other really good places to eat in BsAs.

1  Thank 797MickeyVail
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Walking through the arches of this reclaimed Recoleta mansion and winding up it's beautifully restored wooden staircase, you would think you've taken a trip back in time to perhaps a time that Buenos Aires forgot. Excitement abounds in three stories of restaurant, bar, music parlor, great room, terrace and patio. We enjoyed a prohibition styled cocktail at the bar and continued on to dine in what had to have been a private dining room for this once porteno rich elite family. The chandeliers, skylights, music and libations all flowed along together nicely like notes in a tango song. The malbec was great per usual, the food good but not great (like most buenos aires restaurants) but our night had been accented and made by this dazzling splendor.

1  Thank HectorPages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great place to have a drink and relax. The crowd is mostly young professionals. The place gets quite busy around 10-11, but there are several floors and large courtyard with grand staircase. This is an old mansion after all. Drinks are good and are served very quickly.
Restaurant is Ok but there are so many better places around that I would eat somewhere else and come here for an after dinner drinks.

2  Thank dt_gc