“Wonderful food, great prices, and ok service. Best flan I have ever experienced!”
Review of La Cholita

La Cholita
Ranked #238 of 5,046 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A group of us met for dinner here on our first night in Buenos Aires. We were provided a nice table upstairs and enjoyed huge portions for such great prices. The meat and wine selection was perfect. The flan was simply amazing, I could have licked the plate! We had such a great time that we came back for lunch a few days later. The food was still good, but the service was at snails pace. I would definitely return if I'm back in the city.

There are newer reviews for La Cholita

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have no issue with the prices, food or decor. The issue I have is that although the service average, there does not seem to be anyone running the show. All of the servers are young and spend as much time hanging out as working. The bathrooms are not cleaned and never seem to have paper nor soap. The food is served on wooden planks, the quality of the food is good and the portions are abundant. A full lunch with drinks and coffee cost @$25 for two. If you are OK with TGIF Fridays service than this place is worth a visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I loved the meat and even thought the pumpkin pie was not too good I would give this average to this restaurant. The service and waiting time was also pretty good. I recommend the place

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is great for the price, good wine and ambience. A typical Argentinian spot, not so full of tourists. Impossible to get a table on Friday or Saturday night so take your precautions, just don't be too hungry.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you feel like being badly treated and with your clothes smelling barbecue, this is the place. I got in and out . Just not worth the visit.

1  Thank Lamesquita