“Wow !!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Nicolas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Should I list to what I compare this Parilla ? No, but pick the most popular among tourists and gente de BA and then eat here. Ojo de bife here 110 pesos, try Pobre Luis and pay 130 for half the quantity and 1/3 the quality. Lomo, as good as Peter Luger in NYC and 1/5 the price, I could go on to the Buddin De Pan which serves 4 well, and the wines which are priced well. Service is quick and professional as well as personal. Not the glitz of Mirasol, but clearly worth the taxi ride, and if you go, check out who is playing at Notorious just a few blocks away on Callo.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

An Argentine friend recommended this restaurant and I ate there five times in the space of a month. I tried a variety of the parrilla beef offerings and was not disappointed once.The chorizo was the best I had in my two-month stay in Argentina, and I chose that for my last dinner in Buenos Aires prior to flying home. It's an unpretentious place, brightly lit, with a great selection of wine and the best chimichurri I've ever had. I enjoy trying new food when I'm travelling, and the waiters were very helpful with suggestions. As others have commented, they also warned me when I was about to order too much food. Now that's service! It's clearly a "local" restaurant, as people were picking up take-out orders all the time and most of the customers embraced the waiters when they arrived and left. I liked the energy of the place very much and enjoyed being there. Highly recommended.

1  Thank rjay65
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We been there with my wife and ask for 2 different food, and the waiter said, stop, ask only one as they will reach for both, so we ordered "Matambrito" and was delicious, and we both eat well, a fantastic food, and great service. A place I will come back in the nearly future.

3  Thank lovetohateyou
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great lomito: cooked to perfection in this down-to-earth restaurant without any fringes.
We went on the recommendation of other readers, and were not disappointed. On the contrary the lomito (for 2) was excellent.
All dishes need to be ordered separately.
Lovely selection of wines.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank CaribbeanExperienced
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went with friends for lunch. Although the menue is partly in English we had a little problem to order. The waiter was honest enough to tell us not to order too much because we would not be able to eat it all. We had bife de lomo and tenderloin, a very nice crunchy garden salad, home made fries, fresh bread and the best chimichurri ever. The beef was excellent and the bottle of house wine went well with the meal. We were the only tourists in the restaurant but it was full with local folks. The service was fast and friendly and the price outstanding. We paid about $ 75 for this meal for 4 and took one steak home with us.