“Get lost in the ambience to forget the food”
Review of Il Nonno Bachicha

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Telmo
Description: Almuerzo y cena
Jinan, China
“Get lost in the ambience to forget the food”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

On my 7th trip to Buenos Aires, I realized a trend- it wasn't bad luck on the restaurants I was choosing. It was bad food. If anyone is considering vising this magnificent city, please don't let a restaurant review sway you. In every corner, BsAS never disappoints, in fact, it amazes beyond your dreams-except if you are not a beef eater and you are looking for a good meal. Skipping BsAs over food would be like skipping London on account of a greasy breakfast. You will get a bad meal here but it's easily forgotten with the wonderful and affordable wine. That being said, it's amazing what this particular restaurant can do to ruin a pasta.

This past visit was kind of funny. I had an extensive history with BsAS food and knew, having been to Italy a few times, that this was not your run of the mill Italian. Tonight, I was served something that resembled Ajax cleanser disguised as a pesto (and I was thinking conservatively) in both taste and texture. I knew to be on guard, but this was just awful. In true Buenos Aires style, the wonderful atmosphere of the restaurant and the good wine, a fraction of the cost for wine of this quality in, say New York, or frankly, elsewhere, let me forget how badly Argentines can handle a pasta. As I said before my 7th visit and will surely say before my 8th, I never visit BsAs for the food.

As is typical, everyone in the restaurant (and the city) were in good spirits, and it was by far not a bad experience. But how anyone can mess up a simple pasta is beyond me. God love them, I'll be back to order more, gladly.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank SuttersFort2508

London, United Kingdom
“Best Out of a Bad Bunch, Great Tango Show Though”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Walking down the cobbled streets of La Boca I think can be quite daunting especially if you're not used to the aggressive tactics of the restauranteurs so after looking around the beautiful decor of the place we settled into La Veija Rotiseria.

Good friendly service, worse bottle of Chablis in my life and food that didn't look too appetising having looked at the table across but the best tango show in the world I have ever seen but that's not saying much. Good Luck

• Visited March 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“great”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Nice staff and good food, cool place good value for money

Visited February 2012
Miami
“Touristy, but in a good way!”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is a touristy restaurant, which is usually a recipe for horrible food, horrible service, excessive prices and just overall horrible experience. Well, not here! Food quality is very good, prices are reasonable, service is good (if a bit slow because waiters are overworked). The tango show and the gaucho show is good and fun to watch. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and will gladly recommend this place to anybody else visiting the city.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Miami_Love
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Old World charm and steaks to die for”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband and I have been travelling South America for over a month and this is by far the best dinner we´ve had. The service was impeccable: our waiter was warm and attentive, and the owner was one of the kindest, most engaging people I´ve met. The atmosphere was so warm and inviting that I didn´t want to leave! The wine was delicious and the steak was succulent and cooked to perfection- the best I´ve had in years- and both were very reasonably priced. I would wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant. It is a very special place.

• Visited August 2011