“Still good”

Neighborhood: San Telmo
bangkok
“Still good”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Have been to La Brigada numerous times and never been disappointed with the steaks and the good thing you will get it rare if that is how you like it ! The negative thing for me is that they do not serve wine by the glass only half bottles. The salads are always very fresh ,service is good but a little hurried i.e the steak was served before we had finished our starter. The ristretto was terrible I suggest you have your coffee elsewhere.

1 Thank manchesterianBangkok

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“Great steak and wine”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I really liked this place. They have a great selection of food and wine and it's reasonably priced. It's about half and half tourists and locals so the staff are more than happy to help advise what dishes to go for etc. The only slightly disappointing thing was that my wife's steak was more medium than the rare we had requested.

• Visited February 2014
“Not the same La Brigada I used to love”
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I was first introduced to la Brigada back in the 90s and I fell in love with the place. In almost any visit I tried to eat there at least once. I loved not jus the food but the ambiance, the personal friendly attention, everything. I had not been to Buenos Aires in a few years and certainly I was hoping to revive the tradition. I was surprised to find a much bigger place without the charm of the past. No question, it is still popular and it was packed. The selection, and to an extent the quality are still there but we did not have the same experience. Our service was slow, a couple of orders were wrong, a plate was missed, etc. We sat in the original part, and if this was the first visit, it probably would've been enjoyable. They still have the soccer memorabilia, pictures, etc. but to me this looked like the place to bring the real tourist. I am not saying I would avoid it but it will not be an obliged part of my Buenos Aires visits any longer. It has paid the price of its success.

Visited February 2014
“Overrated. Bit of a tourist trap”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

I've been here only once so perhaps it's not fare to make an assessment but I just had this sinking feeling while enjoyed an average ribeye.

New York City, New York
“Favorite steak dinner in BA”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Made a reservation for 8PM as we had a tango show at our hotel and restaurant was empty on arrival. Shortly after we arrived, the restaurant filled up. We didn't know what to expect with the soccer (football) jerseys on the wall but we were incredibly surprised by the experience at this restaurant. Food was amazing and service was exceptional! Of course we over ordered but it was totally worth it. Chorizo, grilled cheese with red peppers and sweetbreads for starters - delish! I had the skirt steak and my husband had a steak recommended by our waiter. I couldn't fit another bite, but didn't want to stop eating. Highly recommend for a steak dinner in BA before you leave. It was so good I wanted to go back again before leaving.