“Perfect place to dine with friends”
Review of La Brigada

La Brigada
Ranked #75 of 5,180 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Telmo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

La Brigada's casual atmosphere is welcoming. This is the perfect place to share a meal with a friend. Wine, steaks, salads, sweetbreads and desserts are delicious. The piano player at the entrance of the restaurant sets a nice tone. The service and pace are excellent. I would definitely return!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had a heard time deciding which steak house to go to. On tour concierge's recommendations, and Trip Advisor, we decided on La Brigada. It was great. Loved the atmosphere. Very casual and lots of soccer memorabilia.

The waiters were great,spoke English and lot's of fun. Our waiter made me eat the sweetbreads. They were great. The steak was also great.

The restaurant is in the San Telmo area, and I was concerned about safety. However, the taxi let us up out front, and a taxi was called and waiting at the front door to take us back. No problem at all. My feet barely hit the ground.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm an Argentine who has been living in the US for 25 years. I come to BA about once a year. People have been telling me about La Brigada for a while, and a friend invited me this time so we decided to try it. Without doubt, the best meat I have ever eaten in my life (and I've had my fair share). Price/quality it is unbeatable. We were 5 males, two bottles of good wine, empanadas, chinchulines, sweatbreads, provoleta, and 4 huge steaks from 4 different cuts, with tortilla de papas, salads, panqueque de dulce de leche and digestive tea for all. 60 dollars a person at the official exchange, 30 dollars per person at the parallel dollar rate. Everything was outstanding, and the service was superior. We even got a free bottle of champagne at the end. The people at the table were from all over, and they all agreed it was one of the best meals of their lives. Again, for a great meat eating experience in BA, you cannot do better than this. Enjoy!

1  Thank John S
Reviewed April 30, 2013

La Brigada is a busy San Telmo neighborhood parilla. The restaurant is a museum for Argentine soccer with soccer jerseys on the walls and ceilings, trophies, pennants, and soccer balls all collected by the owner who is a retired professional soccer star (I think). We initially ate downstairs and on our final visit graduated to the 2nd floor. The selection of steaks was incredible and perfectly cooked--in 3 visits we sampled filet, sirloin, and skirt steak. The sides were generous and excellent. The wine list was complete but not extensive. We had San Felicien and Trapiche Malbecs--all excellent. The prices were not inflated. Our 3 visits to the restaurant were uniformly well-rewarded which is why we kept returning.

1  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After having tried around 15 different parilla restaurants, I finally went to La Brigada, about which I had heard much good. I ordered the lomo (which, for me, was not cut with a spoon…), and it was very good indeed. However, I’m not sure there was that much difference with e.g. neighboring Don Ernesto’s lomo which I tried around three weeks ago, and which is significantly less expansive. French fries a la provencale (with garlic and herbs) were OK, not that special.
My biggest concern at La Brigada is that you could not order wine by the glass, or not even by half a bottle – the smallest bottle was 50 cl! I’m sorry but half a bottle of 37.5cl is already a lot for one person, so 50 cl is really too much, especially when it costs 80 pesos. All the other parillas serve wine by the glass (or if not, at least half a bottle at affordable price), so it’s a shame they don’t offer that here.
My advice is that you can survive if you don’t eat there, but try instead some other good parillas in Buenos Aires. If you’re travelling on a budget, skip it.