“Very good food, excellent service”
Review of La Brigada

La Brigada
Ranked #73 of 5,117 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Telmo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went for dinning to La Brigada restaurant. It 's a very folk style restaurant with superior food that covers all kind of meat you can possible image. how ever food is great, nothing to say about it what it makes a real difference is Service.

actually, I have had dinner in several places but no one has an equal in service.

I say go for dinner, lunch any time to this place you wont regret it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The beef is good, but the price is too high because it is tourist oriented. While it is not a bad place, there are plenty of alternatives for the price range, such as Estilo Campo, Rosa Negra, etc. However, if you are in the San Telmo area and do not feel like straying , give it a chance.

1  Thank Hgmnz
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Liked this place a lot more. La Brigada is an old school restaurant, I am sure they have not changed their decor in a million years. And who cares, I was there for the steak. (go to the other place if you want a hip restaurant). Was very pleased with my meal and their wine selection

1  Thank westlinn
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were very disappointed with this restaurant and I will not recommend it. The service was real bad. Our waiter did not speak english and although the restaurant was not busy and they could assign to us another waiter who speaks English, they did not bother to do so. So, with lack of communication you end up paying more. The Sirlion steak was so small that it did not justify the high price of 120 pesos. They also charge 12 pesos service charge per person and it was explained that this service charge is for the bread, the water, the tablecloth and the napkin. Horrible experience which I did not hesitate to express to the manager. He said he was sorry but did not seem to care. Although it was raining badly nobody asked if we are interested in calling a cab, not to mention that the restaurant is not in a good neighborhood of San Telmo. As to the steak, it was OK, and I had equally good steaks in other restaurants, payg was much less, and getting better service. when I left I told the manager that I will write very bad review but he did not seem to care much.

3  Thank David B
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent steaks, really, really excellent.
But at a price ... and that price is inflated with all the extras.

If the price hadn't have been so inflated we'd have visited more than once.

Hidden away in San Telmo, but that's a nice area to walk around and an easy walk from Puerto Madero.

1  Thank LordBofW