“Definitely a nice change from the Parrillas and Bife de Chorizo, but you'll be disappointed if you're looking for Vietnamese foo”
Review of Green Bamboo

Green Bamboo
Ranked #494 of 5,117 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We're in Buenos Aires for 3 weeks (after 2.5 months in South America). For a change of pace from the "bife de chorizo" and pizzas and pastas, Green Bamboo seemed promising. Nice atmosphere, attentive English speaking staff, but definitely not Vietnamese food as I am used to having. I did set my expectations low going in because I know tastes can differ in other countries, but I accidentally got my hopes up high when I saw they had my favorite Bun Cha on the menu. The pork was tender, flavorful, and cooked well, but I'm still not certain I got what I ordered. Wheat noodles instead of rice noodles, some kind of sauce but not nuac cham, the pickled veggies were more like japanese cucumber vinegar salad, and no spices in anything. However, our appetizer of grilled chicken on sugar cane skewers was excellent. As others have commented, our simple meal with 2 glasses of wine came to US$85, which is one of the more expensive meals we've had in Argentina. And, although I enjoyed the change in flavors, it wasn't worth the $ and what I was expecting. Sorry. However, great place for a date night!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We went there for dinner and had a very nice experience, my first time trying Vietnamese food and I just loved, they have wonderful entrees and as main dishes a lot of options, the food is a mix of Thai, Chinese etc, really good, the place is also very cool, nice decorations and the clients are awesome. Staff is a 10, we were very well served and had a great experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We returned to BA and to this restaurant after three years and still enjoyed our dinner at the Green Bamboo. The food is still wonderful with a great variety of dishes that have complex flavors. They even offer some vegetarian options. The best part is the drinks and the ambiance. The mojitos and the lychee martinis are my favorite. A few too many is very easy to do here!
The service is really good and helpful and most of the staff speak English. We still love the food and drinks after 3 years!!!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Judging by the number of different languages we heard here, we are definitely not the only foreigners who have heard of Green Bamboo. We came here about a year and a half ago and loved the food. The food, like close to every restaurant in BA, seems to have declined in quality. Green Bamboo is not really REAL Vietnamese, but it being good and different than the typical Argentine cuisine makes it deserve 5 stars.

The real treat in the ambiance and the drinks. The waitress recommended an amazing mojito that I believe is the "official" drink of the restaurant. The place is dimly lit, perfect for couples and people looking for a more intimate gathering. You have the option to sit on the floor (attempt at authenticity) but I'd advise against it as it gets a bit uncomfortable and the chances of you spilling on yourself are approximately 99.9%.

The service is amazing, most of the servers speak English well, and for some reason....we just love this place!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Green Bamboo is supposed to be a Vietnamese restaurant. I found the food to be very bland and lack true Vietnamese flavor.