“Another great experience”
Review of The Glu Hotel

The Glu Hotel
Ranked #7 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed here many times and the attentiveness and overall friendliness of the staff is unparalleled, in my opinion. The rooms are very clean, spacious, and quiet. I am eager to get back to B. Aires and stay at the Glu again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Wow I wish all hotels were as friendly as this. The staff were great and nothing was too much effort for them. We stayed for 3 nights and every day the staff were smiling and being extra helpful with answering our questions and queries.

They even prepared a bottle of celebratory champagne as our travel agent had indicated that we were on honeymoon (even though we weren't). I didn't have the heart to tell them that we weren't. As my wife is unable drink I did the best I could and polished off half the bottle.

The room was clean, spacious and well stocked. The hotel itself has plenty nearby in terms of decent restaurants and bars.

3 doors down we stumbled across a nice bakery where they sold very good empanadas for 8 pesos. Ask for them to warmed up at no extra cost. We had them as a light lunch along with chocolates or sweet pastries that they also sold.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We selected this hotel, based on the positive reviews about it on this site, and were not disappointed. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were very helpful. We were able to walk to interesting shops and restaurants nearby. One tip....There are some nightclubs nearby, so I would not go strolling around very late at night, especially with children. You are fine, though, around here the rest of the time. We would definitely return to the Glu Hotel the next time we are in Buenos Aires. As a matter of fact, the Glu Hotel was one of the highlights of our stay in BA.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My 5 star review comes from a little bit of the quality of the room, location, but mostly the service. Eva and the rest of the staff could not have been more pleasant to deal with. Always offering advice on places to eat, or activities to do. This was the hotel I chose for my last 3 days of my 2 week trip and it was totally worth it.

Big King size bed, powerful shower head, and plenty of room. I was in the basic room, so I don't know how the others were, but mine was big enough and very comfortable.

Loved the neighborhood (Palermo Soho) with a ton of bars and restaurants within just a couple of blocks. Again, I can't say enough about the staff and their smiles.

Would stay again with no hesitation

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris U
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It was our first time in BA and this was really the perfect hotel. The rooms are larger than most hotels and arranged very well with a small kitchen and sitting area included and clean bathroom with excellent shower pressure. There is a balcony as well. The location in palermo soho is excellent with good proximity to all the shops in soho as well as the restaurants/nightlife in palermo soho and hollywood. Since most of the top rated restaurants are in the palermo area it was very convenient when going out to see another part of the city and then coming back to the hotel before going out nearby to eat/go out. The staff are also excellent - in particular Eva was very helpful in making suggestions for sights, shopping, restaurants and helping us make reservations. We also met the owner who was very nice and made sure our stay was as enjoyable as possible - and it was! Buenos Aires is an amazing city and this was really the perfect location from which to see it all! We will be back at the Glu very soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fantastic hotel, feels like home from home!
My husband and I were on the last part of our 3 week honeymoon in Argentina and would say this was the best stay of our trip.
The moment we arrived we were given brilliant treatment from the wonderful staff who work there.
In particular Eva was a fantastic host, who helped plan and book our day trips, evenings out and offered her guidance in an extremely helpful way.
Our room was huge! Great space to be able to chill out when not roaming around the city and extremely comfortable. There was no bath but the shower fully made up for it.
Wifi is available throughout the hotel and we would often sit on the Sofa's being offered mid afternoon coffee and reading many of there city books on Buenos Aires.
Breakfast was from 7-11am, simple breakfast that filled you up nicely for the day.
The hotel is situated in Palermo Soho which is amazing for walking the pretty streets to eat and shop by day and close to bars and restaurants at night.
We stayed here for 6 nights and would Definately come back again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am not sure how much I can add to the many glowing reviews of this hotel.

The Glu is a small, modern hotel with huge, comfortable rooms that I very much enjoyed returning to after exploring this very hectic city. The staff is extremely warm, welcoming and accommodative to your needs. Staying at the Glu is the polar opposite of staying in most impersonal large chain hotels. An added plus is that Palermo Soho, where the hotel is located, is a very unique type of neighborhood. I was glad I stayed here instead of in Recoleta, where I originally intended to stay. It is a bit more out of the way from most of the tourist sites, but the subway was only a 15-minute walk away, and I felt comfortable using it.

A few notes about the hotel:

There are lots of electrical outlets for your gadgets.

There is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

They will do your laundry. It is by the bag rather than by the piece, but the charge is 200 pesos. It’s not that cheap, although it does include ironing and folding. For me it saved a lot of hassle and was worth it.

While the room was huge, the bathroom was small and somewhat poorly laid out.

Breakfast is included in the rate; it is served at 8:30 am. For me this was kind of late. The staff was extremely accommodating and would serve me much earlier, particularly since I didn’t want anything that had to be freshly prepared.

Since they were not busy when I stayed there, they were also very accommodating with a late check-out since my flight back to the US didn’t leave until night-time.

I was traveling by myself and felt really well taken care of at the Glu. It was a refreshing change from the type of hotels that I typically stay in when I travel for business in the US.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo