“The Glu was Great!”
Review of The Glu Hotel

The Glu Hotel
Ranked #8 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 30, 2013

And so were ALL of the staff!! Ava and Aixa even helped arrange our taxi pick up at the airport. We were given explicit directions on where to meet the driver, which made for a seamless entry into Buenos Aires. An English-speaking staff warmly greeted us and our room was ready before the check in time. All of this was greatly appreciated as we were weary from the over night flight from NYC.
Over the course of our four day stay in July the staff assisted us in getting reservations to restaurants, a tango show, arranged for taxis and even called onto our next destination of Mendoza to ensure our pick up at the airport was set.
The rooms were lovely, modern and VERY clean. There is a hot pot and tea in the room. They will bring coffee made to order to you! The beds and pillows were very comfortable – I was always happy to come back here after a full day of activity!! So, por favor, if you are going to BA – look no further – book the Glu and please tell the staff I said ‘Hola’!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at the Glu Hotel in Buenos Aires and we had an amazing time. The hotel staff was over the top helpful- I needed an adapter for my hairdryer and I asked the front desk where the nearest store was and they offered to get it for me. They helped us book english speaking tours, gave excellent restaurant recommendations, and just went out of their way to make our stay perfect. The rooms were perfect- quiet, clean, and spacious. The shower was great- had a rainfall shower hear with lots of pressure. There was also a balcony but we didn't venture out since the weather was quite cold when we were there (in July). The complementary breakfast was also very good and included lovely coffee made to order. The location was also good- its only a couple of blocks from the heart of Palermo Soho and there are good restauarants within a block or two. Taxis were easy to get and relatively cheap. It was also only a short walk to the subway which we took a few times. Overall, the Glu Hotel made my stay in Buenos Aires. When I go back, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A great welcome by an extremely staff is not sufficient to justify the number one ranking for Buenos Aires. If rooms are comfortable, their design and the overall quality of the building would need to be upgraded to achieve such premium position. Design wise, it is more Gloom that Glu. Beige colors , drab corridors and white walls with tacky wallpapers in the rooms did not provide the awe expected from a top ranking property. Good WIFI and aging TV system in the room.
Breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Salvador2011
TheGluHotel, Propietario at The Glu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for the 5 point qualifications about our value, sleep quality and service.

We are deeply sad to hear that you did not have a full experience of The Glu in your one night stay.

We agree that a great welcome is not enough to justify the number one ranking for Buenos Aires.

Because of that, our Hotel was built as a brand new building constructed 5 years ago with the best quality. Since then, we have made numerous renovations to keep up to date accommodations and services.

And, of course, our service is much more than a great welcome.

We understand that you can like or dislike the minimalist style of our hotel, or the colours we have chosen to decorate it, but we have to tell you that we have hired the best architects and designers to help us to obtain the product we wanted. Also, we chose first quality materials to obtain that result.

Our corridors, as well as all the common areas of the hotel, are yellow wallpapered and they exhibit paintings from local artists.

Regarding the walls of the suites, none of them are white. They are beige or sand colour. Each suite has a different coloured design wallpaper imported from England in the living space to divide it from the sleeping area.

In addition to this, they all have wide floor to ceiling windows and balconies that provide natural light.

All the photos on our website show exactly each of the characteristics we just described.

Concerning our TV system, we have the best digital service that you can find in Argentina which has channels from all over the world.

We truly respect your opinion about our breakfast but it offers: Espresso coffee, Coffee and Milk, Cappuccino, Hot Chocolate, variety of teas, toasts, croissants, flavoured breads, ham and cheese, raspberry jam, cream cheese, honey, butter, Dulce de Leche (typical Argentinean sweet caramel), granola, corn flakes, variety of yogurts, hard-boiled eggs, variety of fruits and fresh squeezed orange juice.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

When we arrived we were personally welcomed at our taxi and our luggage was brought in for us. We were asked, in perfect English, to have a seat to fill in all the necessary paperwork and were offered a complimentary beverage. I was very impressed with the personal service. We were given maps and ideas about what to do, see, where to eat, etc. The room was beautifully appointed, with a super comfortable bed. The room was quiet, and restful. The scottish shower was wonderful. You must try it if you have the time. The hot tub on the roof was lovely as well, except the nearby homes could look right onto us, so that took away a bit of the "romance". All in all a lovely hotel and I would go back there in a heartbeat. You will LOVE the Glu.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The Glu is a little boutique hotel in Palermo with lovely, spacious rooms, extremely comfortable beds and an adequate continental-style breakfast. Very quiet as well for BA. But the really outstanding thing about this hotel is the wonderful staff. Nothing is too much trouble for the guys at the Glu, Eva, Aixa, Max, Hugo and the rest. They are charming, obliging and go the extra mile. I lost my glasses in BA which could have been a real problem. They just took over, organised everything and without me knowing even rang my travel insurers at home in Australia to ask if the cost would be covered. Two days later I got my new glasses. We've stayed in every continent and have never stayed anywhere quite like this place. We can't imagine why you would stay anywhere else in BA.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sorry that my review has taken so long. I have just recently returned from Buenos Aires. I traveled there in May and again in June. I will say this is one of the most service oriented hotels that I have experienced. Everyone from Eva, Aixa, and the rest of the staff are accomodating and go well beyond to make sure that your stay is the best that it can be. As an example, on my recent trip, I traveled to Concordia before staying at the hotel. I was running so far behind schedule in returning to Buenos Aires to check in that i sent them an email saying that I would be in around 11pm. Aixa responded within 30 mins thanking me for the information and said they would be expecting me. I actually did not arrive until after 1 am, and please forgive me for forgetting his name, but he came out to the car, said he was expecting me, helped us with all of our bags, and provided drinks and fruit. They have not let me down on either trips. the first time I stayed in a Glam Suite which was pretty nice, but the second time I stayed in the Glu Suite which is really, really nice. Thanks again guys! I have resolved that I don't have to look anywhere else to stay when I visit BA. You are my home away from home there!

Room Tip: The American dollar will get you a 15% discount if you pay for your room in cash
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cedbutler29
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stay here. Unless you have to be downtown, this should be where you book. Especially for the price.

I stayed at the Glu for 4 nights in June, 2013. It is located in Palermo, which is a nicer area of Buenos Aires but not particularly close to the city. During the weekends, the area attracts diners and bar-goers, especially to the nearby Plazeta Cortaza. It can be very quiet during the week. There are nearby restaurants with good food, and lots of chorizo (really thick cut of beef steak) and provoleta (cooked provolone in a bowl). Good stuff. It is NOT particularly close to the Puerto Madero or downtown areas, and if you travel to visit them during rush hour, it will take a while by cab. That's the only somewhat negative thing I can think of for this place.

They hotel is pretty new and very clean. The room was exceptionally large, with a balcony. Not much of a view, but that wasn't a big deal to me. The bed was very large and comfortable. It wasn't easy to control the temperature in the room, but I was never too hot or too cold. There is a 15" laptop-sized safe in the room, laundry service, free in-room breakfast, offers of coffee/tea/water every time you're in the lobby, everything you could hope for.

But the thing that stood out the most was the service. All of them speak excellent English. I planned to go to Montevideo via Buquebus ferry after my stay, but I couldn't get the Buquebus site to accept my credit card. Nor did I understand the tax code stuff. I asked them for help, and they spent 2 days trying desperately (with three different credit cards) to get it to work. At least 3 staff members worked on this for me. Because of how kind and friendly they were, I had no concerns leaving them with my credit card information. They were never able to get it to work despite trying both the Uruguayan and Argentinian sites, but that has to do with Buquebus not accepting foreign cards for some reason - none of my cards were blocking the transaction, and they were never getting the requests. I ended up making it to Montevideo only by having an Uruguayan friend purchase the ticket for me.

I also had a package that was supposed to arrive during my stay, but do to holiday schedules (and possibly some laziness on the part of Fedex Argentina), they weren't going to arrive until after I left. The staff worked the phones with Fedex trying to figure out how to get my package to me, but ultimately weren't able to. They worked with me to figure out how to handle it when it arrives after my departure.

Seriously - every review of this hotel I read before booking it talked about the level of service people received and how much they enjoyed their stay. I completely agree with all of these people and cannot recommend the Glu Hotel enough. I would stay there every time I visit Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business