The Glu Hotel
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)
$211
  • Breakfast included
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Breakfast included
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$148
$120
  • Restaurant
$132
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$212
$161
$179
$161
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$186
  • Restaurant
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$350
$535
  • Pool
All reviewspalermo sohoglu staffluxe suiteoffered coffeedinner reservationshard boiled eggsrain showerperfect englishincredible staffrooms are spaciousgreat boutiquerestaurant recommendationssmall hotelrestaurants and shoppingstayed here for nightsthe entire staffbreakfast is served
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Sorry that my review has taken so long. I have just recently returned from Buenos Aires. I traveled there in May and again in June. I will say this is one of the most service oriented hotels that I have experienced. Everyone from Eva, Aixa, and the rest of the staff are accomodating and go well beyond to make sure that your stay is the best that it can be. As an example, on my recent trip, I traveled to Concordia before staying at the hotel. I was running so far behind schedule in returning to Buenos Aires to check in that i sent them an email saying that I would be in around 11pm. Aixa responded within 30 mins thanking me for the information and said they would be expecting me. I actually did not arrive until after 1 am, and please forgive me for forgetting his name, but he came out to the car, said he was expecting me, helped us with all of our bags, and provided drinks and fruit. They have not let me down on either trips. the first time I stayed in a Glam Suite which was pretty nice, but the second time I stayed in the Glu Suite which is really, really nice. Thanks again guys! I have resolved that I don't have to look anywhere else to stay when I visit BA. You are my home away from home there!

Room Tip: The American dollar will get you a 15% discount if you pay for your room in cash
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cedbutler29
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stay here. Unless you have to be downtown, this should be where you book. Especially for the price.

I stayed at the Glu for 4 nights in June, 2013. It is located in Palermo, which is a nicer area of Buenos Aires but not particularly close to the city. During the weekends, the area attracts diners and bar-goers, especially to the nearby Plazeta Cortaza. It can be very quiet during the week. There are nearby restaurants with good food, and lots of chorizo (really thick cut of beef steak) and provoleta (cooked provolone in a bowl). Good stuff. It is NOT particularly close to the Puerto Madero or downtown areas, and if you travel to visit them during rush hour, it will take a while by cab. That's the only somewhat negative thing I can think of for this place.

They hotel is pretty new and very clean. The room was exceptionally large, with a balcony. Not much of a view, but that wasn't a big deal to me. The bed was very large and comfortable. It wasn't easy to control the temperature in the room, but I was never too hot or too cold. There is a 15" laptop-sized safe in the room, laundry service, free in-room breakfast, offers of coffee/tea/water every time you're in the lobby, everything you could hope for.

But the thing that stood out the most was the service. All of them speak excellent English. I planned to go to Montevideo via Buquebus ferry after my stay, but I couldn't get the Buquebus site to accept my credit card. Nor did I understand the tax code stuff. I asked them for help, and they spent 2 days trying desperately (with three different credit cards) to get it to work. At least 3 staff members worked on this for me. Because of how kind and friendly they were, I had no concerns leaving them with my credit card information. They were never able to get it to work despite trying both the Uruguayan and Argentinian sites, but that has to do with Buquebus not accepting foreign cards for some reason - none of my cards were blocking the transaction, and they were never getting the requests. I ended up making it to Montevideo only by having an Uruguayan friend purchase the ticket for me.

I also had a package that was supposed to arrive during my stay, but do to holiday schedules (and possibly some laziness on the part of Fedex Argentina), they weren't going to arrive until after I left. The staff worked the phones with Fedex trying to figure out how to get my package to me, but ultimately weren't able to. They worked with me to figure out how to handle it when it arrives after my departure.

Seriously - every review of this hotel I read before booking it talked about the level of service people received and how much they enjoyed their stay. I completely agree with all of these people and cannot recommend the Glu Hotel enough. I would stay there every time I visit Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank shinolajla
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I, two of our adult sons and their girlfriends recently stayed at this boutique hotel for 4 days. The hotel is located in Palermo and is a very near to wonderful restaurants, clubs and one of a kind stores.The hotel itself is small and does not have facilities, however, what it does have is a staff that is extremely well trained. From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by name and made to feel welcome. The rooms were large and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable and the towels were fluffy and plentiful. Aixa and Eva at the front desk , together with their male counterparts were always smiling and asking us what they could do for us. From making suggestions, to researching topics, to making us reservations,to making us coffee or tea, and even confirming our flights and going through a check list to make sure we had not forgotten anything before leaving the hotel- each task was attended to with an evident desire to please.It was a very positive and memorable experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bogoroch
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I only have the highest compliments for the Glu. Its location is unmatched, in the wonderful, lively and romantically bohemian Palermo neighborhood, surrounded by amazing coffee shops, bookstores, bars, restaurants...Second, the hotel itself. It is very modern, clean, full of light, and very comfortable. What sets it apart from other great boutique hotels is its attention to detail. The robes, the slippers, the adapters and even umbrellas available... The breakfast is also amazing. GOOD coffee and tea are served either in the cute dining space in the lobby, or in the rooms themselves. There is always fresh croissants, fruit, white and wheat breads... But the best part about the Glu is ITS SERVICE. THANK YOU, AIXA AND THE REST OF THE TEAM, FOR YOUR EXCELLENCE! It is so rare to find a team with a VOCATION for PERFECT SERVICE. From the ever-present smiles, the right recommendations, the courtesies (taking your bags upstairs, setting your preferred temperatures in the jacuzzi, etc.), the organizing/cleaning our room EVERY TIME WE LEFT, no matter how many times during the day, they made our stay unforgettable. We would definitely go back. We loved it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lungui
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My daughters and I stayed at the Glu for almost a week. The rooms were spacious and the service was terrific. Excellent English. The front desk helped us arrange an overnight trip to Colonnia in Uruguay. The breakfast is simple, but perfectly adequate. Great coffee. Try to get a room that doesn't face the street....much quieter. We enjoyed their sauna facility several times during our stay. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the street. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family