“Delightfully charming in Palermo Soho”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We arrived at the Miravida late on Saturday evening and were greeted by kind, knowledgeable and helpful staff who directed us to lively neighborhood full of activity and great restaurants. Each morning, we were greeted warmly and served a delicious breakfast. The staff provided great recommendations and advice for touring the city. They worked with us to prepare daily tours. When we missed our fl

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Friendly staff and extremely knowledgable about their product and the hotel's neighboring areas. They give GREAT recommendations on places to eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner as well as places to go for activities. My boyfriend and I had a spectacular time. Definitely do the following things: Ask to take part in their wine tasting (they serve yummy cheese with their wine and have fun stories to share), Ask about a flamingo show (they will point out which one is worth your time and money as well as set it up for you), Try the bookstore tapas place for lunch and eat as many empanadas as you can (they ARE incredibly addicting and delicious), Eat steak at all the restaurants they recommend because they are all delicious and some prepared slightly different than the others, but make sure to spend one night dining at the peruvian fusion restaurant nearby (FANTASTIC and a nice break from all the steak ;) ), Try the Rose' they have by the glass and FINALLY just let your hair down, take a few slow deep breaths, and allow yourself to relax. Buenos Aires is a huge city with a lot of people moving around, but Miravida has the ability to provide their guests with relaxation and peace. My boyfriend could not have picked a better place. Thank you, Miravida!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Miravida Soho provides a lovely setting for exploring Buenos Aires. It's location is central to shopping, dining, buses and the subway, though not at the expense of walkable neighborhoods. The hotel is small, well appointed, and tasteful--it feels good! My room on the upper floor was cozy and well thought out for a small space. All essentials were accounted for (small fridge, armoire, counter top.) The bed was comfortable and the bathroom indulgent. Breakfasts and wine tastings are delicious, a lovely start to your day and evening from the comfort of your hotel. What makes the Miravida such a delight is their personal service and attention to detail--these people love their city and it shows. Their recommendations are spot on and their interest and smiles genuine. They will help you find anything from lost luggage, bus or plane tickets, a special meal or even a local gym. You feel at home and pampered in the Miravida Soho.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top that overlook the courtyard are small, cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this lovely little hotel on our recent trip to Buenos Aires, Feb, 2013. The hotel is a beautifully converted home with six guest rooms and a great wine bar but the real treasure are the people. The staff is professional, friendly, and helpful. They are always ready to suggest a restaurant or an attraction and show you the best way to get there. When my luggage was lost they went over and above to get it back. Nadia spent hours on the phone tracking it down and finally succeeded in getting it delivered to me. The wine bar is a fun place to relax at the end of a busy day of site seeing, talk to other guests and talk with Jim, one of the owners. He is knowledgable about the wine they offer and we fell in love with the Torrontes from Colome. We also attended a wine tasting at the hotel which was wonderful.

We felt at home at Miravida Soho and will go back on our next trip to Buenos Aires. I highly recommend this hotel. The food is great, the location very convenient and the rooms are lovely.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed at Miravida Soho twice for a couple of days. It's a very nice and cosy small hotel with atmosphere and excellent service and helpful staff, who will help organising everything for you. Definitely we will stay there again - and taste the good wine in the small wine bar - next time we are i Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones towards the backside of the building. The suite, facing the street, is a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CJ-TD
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In January I traveled to Buenos Aires with a long time friend that I have known since JRHS. We have traveled to different parts of the World over the years but mostly in Europe. Typically we would stay in 5 Star hotels, nice places but often sterile with very little interaction between the guests and the hotel employees. We decided that in BA we would stay in a boutique hotel hoping for a fun and more interactive experience. After reading all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor we decided to stay at Miravida Soho. One of the big selling points was the Wine Bar which as it turned was better than advertised. From the time we checked in until we departed I can simply say that Miravida Soho is the only hotel I have ever personally stayed in where my experience was better than even the best reviews.

The hotel itself is well appointed with upgraded finishes throughout. We stayed in Rooms 2 and 3. The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfortable which for me is an important feature. The rooms were certainly larger than most European hotel rooms and comparable in size to US hotel rooms. I never felt cramped. The hotel was well insulated from outside noises so you could always get a night of uninterrupted sleep which is important in BA since the city never sleeps. I would also highly recommend participating in the wine tasting. Much of the staff is extremely knowledgable on the history of Argentinian wines and has an excellent selection of both whites and reds. Just tell Jim what you like in a wine and he will find a wine you will enjoy. It was also fun to meet and get to know the other guests who attended the tasting.

The staff at the Miravida was simply incredible. They helped us with lunch recommendations, dinner recommendations, tourist attractions and nightlife recommendations. They also helped us with the things to avoid, restaurants, tourist attractions...etc. They saved us at least a few days of going around on our own trying to figure things out. Two quick examples of the staff going out of their way came from Felipe and Arturo. Since we never could adjust to the 4 hour time difference coming from Denver I made breakfast only once and even then I was late. But Arturo said no problem and took the time to make me the best French Toast I ever had. Frankly the French Toast was the only reason I got up that morning. On the other days I would get up around noon. On the first day I woke up I asked Felipe for a cup of coffee, instead he brought me back a really good latte, every day after that when I would get up he would make me a latte without having to ask. These examples may seem small but are the things that make the Miravida Soho standout from other places. I just read that the Miravida Soho staff was rated Top 5 in South America by Trip Advisor. Not sure how any other hotel's customer service can match let alone exceed the Miravida?

BA itself is a wonderful and large international city and definitely has a European feel. The local people are very friendly. We also met so many people from different countries we couldn't count them all. The Soho district from what we could tell was the nicest area of the city with the best restaurants and all night, nightlife. If you are worried in the slightest about safety, have no fear, we never once felt threatened or worried about our safety and we traveled throughout the city at all hours. Like any city there are areas to avoid so just avoid them.

If you decide to visit BA, I would recommend you stay in the Soho district and more importantly stay at the Miravida Soho. If you do, take advantage of the staff's knowledge, kindness and expertise. If you don't you will be missing out on the hotel's best feature, their people!!

Finally, on the way back to the airport my friend said I can't believe the trip turned out better than we expected and frankly we came in with very high expectations. I want to say thanks to the entire staff but a special thanks to Felipe, Arturo and Jim Kings! See you soon but likely with my wife next time!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank R U
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 day stay (Feb 2-5, 2013) in this charming little hotel in a great neighborhood. The owner, Jim, was super helpful and friendly and the other staff equally nice and helpful (Felipe and Arturo). Nothing was too much trouble for them. We had very nice air-conditioned room - not huge but plenty of space. Jim and Felipe gave us many excellent recommendations for wonderful restaurants within walking distance from the hotel as well as museums and other sites. It was easy to go by subway or taxi to almost anywhere we wanted. Altogether a very enjoyable stay- we would highly recommend Miravida Soho. Just a word of warning- if you are leaving from Buenos Aires airport: not all US airlines leave from Terminal A - contrary to what our taxi driver assured us. Only after he had dropped up off did we discover that our Delta flight to Atlanta left from Terminal C - a good hike away! Fortunately we had arrived quite early so it wasn't a problem.

Room Tip: Our room was one of the "loft" rooms. Nice and quiet and although not huge, plenty of spac...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple