“Your hotel search ends here - Impressed”

Miravida Soho Hotel & Wine Bar
Ranked #4 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Our stay at this boutique hotel (6 bedrooms) was a pleasure from beginning to end. What sets it apart from other hotels in the area? The 'hands on' involvement of the owners, the helpfulness of the staff, the room decor and last but not least the scrumptious breakfasts.

The hotel is very well located (in trendy Palermo Soho & within walking distance of the underground). The rooms are fabulous (high ceilings, walnut floors, good quality bed linen & spacious bathroom). The breakfasts were the best we had during our four weeks traveling in Sth America (french toast with maple syrup & fruit...divine). The staff were very well selected - warm, helpful & mature (special thanks to Corina for her work). The owners, Cornel & Frauke, go to great lengths to make your stay here a home from home and deservedly earn 10/10 from me.

Just one suggestion, full length mirrors in the rooms please?!

Room Tip: Request a room to the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Miravida before flying north for a bicycling trip near Salta. This is a small, intimate hotel in the trendy Palermo district. Frauke and Cornel, the owners, treat you more like family than guests. It's situated on a quiet street just minutes from exciting shops and restaurants. The staff was very helpful in making restaurant suggestions and in arranging tour reservations and cabs. Rooms are small but nicely appointed. Great breakfasts and wine selections as well...We returned from our bike trip and were excited to share with our new friends Frauke and Cornel our adventures and photos!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I can only reiterate all the positive comments by previous guests. Frauke and all of her staff were the kindest and most helpful my family and I have ever encountered. The cleanliness and elegance of the rooms can not be faulted - admittedly small but very adequate (Courtyard 2 & 3 ), beds big and v comfortable. Set on a quiet street in Palermo - an attractive part of Buenos AIres. Easy short walk to get onto subway ride to the centre and elsewhere. Plenty of good bars and restaurants in easy walking distance too. I always try to avoid large hotels wherever possible, and hope for a more personal touch. New to Argentina and without the lanuguage skills, we were so grateful for the English spoken, the taxis ordered, the directions and maps and advice given and great breakfasts to set us up each day - all dispensed with smiles.
Thank you - we shall return (and expect to have to book very well in advance).
Deborah & Roy Bailey
Wimbledon
London

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We have just moved from Sydney to Buenos Aires with an unplanned stopover in Cordoba for 3 months while my employer was sorting out Work permits etc. While hanging around in Cordoba I had a call from an old friend who was on business in Bolivia and would make the effort to be in Buenos Aires for a weekend if we could manage to join him . He was flying in from Bolivia so I thought it was only polite that we could make it from Cordoba !
I immediately got online and started searching to find a place to stay. I'm a frequent visitor to trip Advisor and therefore that was my first stop . I couldn’t help noticing the Miravida Soho. I'm not a fan of big hotels ( too many business trips in soulless chain hotels ) and therefore this small house with only 6 rooms was the choice for me , especially after I noticed they have an in house wine bar !

I wrote back and forward with Cornel (The owner) and he was extremely helpful and explained everything I needed to know to make our booking . I was amazed at how quickly he responded , this is not normal in Argentina ;). Saying that, I have later found out this is due to German efficiency ! We ended up booking a suite and stayed there for 4 nights , 2 with our friend and 2 by ourselves . My wife and I and our 4 week old baby. Cornel and his wife Frauke made their selves known and were extremely kind ,we felt like we were part of the family. The Miravida does tend to force the home feeling upon you . We sat many an evening in the sofa area at reception sipping on some lovely wines that were chosen by the Miravida staff. Most of the wines are from smaller vineyards around Argentina, most likely you wouldn’t come across them otherwise, so an added bonus for me.

As we sat one day , I was explaining our moving situation to Frauke and the fact that we still had 1 week left before we could move to the company apartment. She spoke to Cornel and they immediately came up with a plan to solve our problems . We stayed for another 6 nights in loft rooms 5 and 6 and enjoyed every minute of our stay.
From check in to check out I couldn’t find a fault, even with the breakfast, it was perfect ! . The hotel is exactly as it is on the web page and the owners and staff are very rare to find. If you can get a booking here then don´t hesitate to think it over ....

Kevin , Laura and Karen

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite and loft rooms 5 & 6. 5 and 6 are facing the courtyard and away from the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and I spent 3 delightful nights at the Miravida, a marvelous little hotel in the heart of Palermo Soho. A great location and an oasis of calm and sophistication in a bustling city, we enjoyed every minute of our stay, from the coziness of our room to the delicious breakfasts and wonderful wine selection in the wine bar to the warmth and helpfulness of the staff. Great tips on what to see and fabulous restaurant recommendations from owner Frauke (Don Julio for steaks and Social Paraiso for nouvelle cusine are musts!). Thank you, thank you. We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2011

This year we went to Ushuaia and we couldn´t miss Buenos Aires. The hotel rooms are gorgeous and stylish, the wine bar is excellent and serving breakfast outside was spectacular!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stayed 5 nights recently,a well done small hotel(6 rooms)The owner and staff are very helpfuf,knowledgeable and happy people,I suspect it comes from the owner.The breakfast,which is included,is good and well presented.The hotel has a wine bar and also an outdoor patio,a choice of two spots to sit back and relax after a hard day of shopping or touring or even working.Happy Hour with excellant wines at a very fair price is super.Very good restaurants are also nearby.An excellent hotel,an excellant experience

Room Tip: The suite is large(2 rooms) and not at all expensive
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends