“Stunning - In multiple ways”
Review of MAAT Club Privado Gourmet - CLOSED

MAAT Club Privado Gourmet
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgrano
Argentina
“Stunning - In multiple ways”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Maat is in an old house that has been tastefully modified to house the restaurant.
As soon as you enter you feel this place is special , there is a small cozy bar with dark wood bar chairs and the bar back replete with columns, mirrors and tiered shelves of liquor, just amazing.
The attention to detail from the staff together with the most amazing food made this one of the most memorable evenings of our stay in Buenos Aires. Our waiter was very professional and friendly: none of the arrogance that worries some potential guests.
Delicious young pork meat and fresh local produce sides carefully presented combines his Argentine roots with his French culinary training.
I would highly recommend to visit the Cave, that is in the upper floor where you can pick out your own bottle of wine.

2 Thank Corrionero

bruxelles
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We went to this restaurant at the end of our stay and it was one of the best restaurant meals we have had (ever). We had the tasting menu and were very impressed with the touches that were made; home made chocolates with the coffee, one detail stood out, a reconsituted olive. 6 courses and each beautifully presented. The atmosphere is rather gentlemens club but the service was excellent also. Like the previous reviewer we were virtually alone in the restaurant but this ensured we had good service throughout the evening.
As others say, it is expensive for BA but not if you compare with a similar standard restaurant in Europe.

1 Thank geoffs1953
Jackson Hole
“Excellent Restaurant (albiet expensive for BA)”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

We went to MAAT one evening. No problem getting a reservation on Thursday but then they mentioned their policy of no children under 18 years of age. We had four teenagers. After pledging their good behavior and their appropriate dress, we were told it was OK. Needless to say that was ridiculous since we were the only table seated in the entire restaurant that night. I think the economy has definitely hit them.

We elected to have the tasting menu (all six of us). It was great but expensive in comparison to other BA restaurants. I still think it was worth it. (I did not make Las Lilas this time due to all the bad comments about costs on this site and I am very sorry I did not go. We had a great meal there two years ago and they know how to cook a steak. For some reason, everyplace I went this time (except MAAT where I did not have a steak) over cooked it. How do you get a rare steak in BA?) Price was 1,700 pesos for six with a bottle of wine and two before dinner drinks. I really do not think that is bad for the great food and atmosphere.