Open today: Closed

from $120.00
from $65.00
from $45.00
More Info
All reviews asado chef cook street art fernet mauro customs chimichurri mate neighborhood culture palermo argentina ba
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019

Frank's BA Craft Beer Adventure is a must-do tour if you enjoy good beer and funky places. He's super knowledgeable, and his passion for food, beer, art, and interesting places really comes through. I enjoyed myself greatly - the beers and four brew-pub locations surprised me and delighted me. Thanks!

Date of experience: May 2019
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Hi Irina,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed everything. I had fun showing you my favorite places. I hope you enjoy the pictures of that evening that I’m sending you!

Reviewed May 1, 2019

We had originally booked the Asado Experience, but upon landing in South America we learned of a death in the family back in the USA. Unfortunately, we had to cut our trip short and had to cancel the official Asado Experience (Frank was lovely about this). However, I reached out to Frank to see if we could do some sort of custom food tour before catching our flight that night. Frank could not have been more flexible and welcoming (on top of everything, we had a two-year-old in tow). He took us to some fabulous and delicious spots around Palermo, to the Botanical Garden, and for a wine tasting! We peppered him with questions about BA and Argentina and he answered them all patiently while showcasing some of the most delicious food. He also took some photos of our family that he shared with us. Despite our trip being cut short and receiving horrible news while on holiday, we really loved our time in BA--Frank was a big part of this.

Also, a shout out to Pablo (the taxi driver that works with Frank). He was punctual, kind, and also very informative.

We will definitely be doing the full Asado Experience on our next trip to BA--can't wait. Cannot recommend Frank and his tours/experiences highly enough!

Date of experience: April 2019
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2019

Dear CarrieBeth, you guys were lovely and I enjoyed showing you the neighborhood and the food a great deal. I look forward to seeing all three of you again in the future. Of course, I would have to go back to baby proofing the house! We have had toddlers here before with no problem.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

We were looking for something more than an asado, we wanted an on-hands asado lesson. Frank was amazing and arranged everything, from a visit to the butcher to a fabulous welcome with a picada and fernet, all completed with him as an awesome host. Sasha, the man on the grill showed amazing expertise and excellent teaching. We learnt how to build a fire chimney, to make chimichurri and to cut a mango. The asado was great, the desert also. Asado adventure is a must see, must do, must experience!!

Date of experience: April 2019
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Hi LoocasARG!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review! I'm so glad you challenged me to customize the tour for your group. It was a lot of fun for both Sacha and myself.

Reviewed March 18, 2019

Frank put together a food & wine tour for us that showed us parts of Buenos Aires we would not have otherwise seen. He gave us just the right amount of culture and historical information about Argentina as we walked the streets of Buenos Aires. He introduced us to local customs and also showed us Argentine food favorites and specialities. We learned about food, wine, history, the economy and culture. Importantly he introduced us to the craft beer scene in BA. Frank was a great host and importantly a great listener... he was able to show us things we didn't even know we needed to see,

Highly recommended. Look forward to returning for the Asado Experience.

Date of experience: March 2019
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I also had a lot of fun showing off the food and the neighborhood to you guys on this customized food tour that I created for you. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity! Please share my gratitude to the guys! And yes, if you guys come back to Buenos Aires I would love to see you all.

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending part of our last day in Buenos Aires with Mauro in his beautiful home and town. The tour of San Telmo was lovely as we picked up some groceries for our meal. We even revisited the wonderful wine shop after for a few bottles to bring home. The meal prepared by Max was beyond delicious. Mauro’s mother was also helping and always had the most beautiful smile on her face. Perfect way to end our stay and by far our favorite part of the time we spent in beautiful Buenos Aires. Thank you Frank, Mauro, Max, and Mauro’s mother!

Date of experience: December 2018
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2019

Hi!

I am so glad that you liked the experience and I'm sharing your wonderful review with the rest of the team. We love to hear how people enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed January 7, 2019

I hardly know where to begin to express my love of this adventure. First, I must thank Frank and Mauro who were above and beyond kind to my situation of having my autistic son with me for a portion of the day. From the moment we arrived, we were having fun! The home that the class was in was perfect and our hosts were lovely. Mauro gave an enthusiastic tour and showed us around San Telmo which proved to be very valuable later as we DID have the BEST empanada the next day thanks to his suggestion. Our wine host was also wonderful. We then returned to Max our Asador who was super cool and helpful to my multiple asado questions. The final dinner was a blast! Aside from being delicious we had an amazing time on the patio eating, drinking, and laughing. Frank, thank you for organizing this...it will never be forgotten!

Date of experience: January 2019
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Dear Betsy,

We loved hosting you as well. I'm so glad that your son was also enjoying himself. I'm also glad that we were able to find some organic wine for you as well as a biodynamic wine! It's great that you enjoyed Mauro's guidance while walking the neighborhood and looking at street art and taking pictures at just the right places. You were also able to go back to places that he pointed out to you, like the grill that's known for its empanadas. It makes me so happy that you all enjoyed the tour. Thank you for trusting your vacation experience to us!