Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from AsadoAdventure tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $15.04
from $80.00
from $28.50
More Info
All reviews asado chef cook street art highlight of our trip visiting buenos aires walking tour mauro fernet customs mate neighborhood culture information
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending part of our last day in Buenos Aires with Mauro in his beautiful home and town. The tour of San Telmo was lovely as we picked up some groceries for our meal. We even revisited the wonderful wine shop after for a few bottles to bring home. The meal prepared by Max was beyond delicious. Mauro’s mother was also helping and always had the most beautiful smile on her face. Perfect way to end our stay and by far our favorite part of the time we spent in beautiful Buenos Aires. Thank you Frank, Mauro, Max, and Mauro’s mother!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed January 7, 2019

I hardly know where to begin to express my love of this adventure. First, I must thank Frank and Mauro who were above and beyond kind to my situation of having my autistic son with me for a portion of the day. From the moment we arrived, we were having fun! The home that the class was in was perfect and our hosts were lovely. Mauro gave an enthusiastic tour and showed us around San Telmo which proved to be very valuable later as we DID have the BEST empanada the next day thanks to his suggestion. Our wine host was also wonderful. We then returned to Max our Asador who was super cool and helpful to my multiple asado questions. The final dinner was a blast! Aside from being delicious we had an amazing time on the patio eating, drinking, and laughing. Frank, thank you for organizing this...it will never be forgotten!

Date of experience: January 2019
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Dear Betsy,

We loved hosting you as well. I'm so glad that your son was also enjoying himself. I'm also glad that we were able to find some organic wine for you as well as a biodynamic wine! It's great that you enjoyed Mauro's guidance while walking the neighborhood and looking at street art and taking pictures at just the right places. You were also able to go back to places that he pointed out to you, like the grill that's known for its empanadas. It makes me so happy that you all enjoyed the tour. Thank you for trusting your vacation experience to us!

Reviewed November 28, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing time with Mauro
He walked us around San Telmo as we bought the meat ,wine and bread for our lunch.Mauro was interesting and informative as he told us about the local history, culture, customs and contemporary Argentinian issues
We learnt how to start the Asado oven and watched Max the chef cook our food
The lunch was so delicious;the steaks melted in our mouths
We felt that we had lunch with friends what a fantastic experience that we will never forget
Highly recommended

Date of experience: November 2018
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. I'm so glad that you liked the tour guided and hosted by Mauro in the San Telmo neighborhood. The food prepared by Max's expert hands is always a big hit and I'm glad that it was no exception with you.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We booked this through Trailfinders
We were picked up at our hotel and driven to Franks house which is a converted bakery
We were introduced to Frank and Agustín and went for a walk around the Palmero neighbourhood during which Agustín pointed out a variety of street art and gave us some information about the artists
We bought meat and wine and returned to Franks house
We were given Fernet with cola and some meat and cheese then had our meat some cooked cheese and beautiful salads
Afterwards we had mate and learned about the etiquette and history of the drink
We understand that Frank is finishing offering his AsadoAdventure to pursue new ventures which is a terrible shame because it was a fantastic day with tea friendly people and have an unique insight into a traditional Argentinian activity
We’d wish Frank every success with his new venture and hope he maybe reconsiders his decision do others can share our experience

Date of experience: March 2018
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Hi Gary,

I heard you loud and clear, as well as all of the people who kept writing to me asking me to give them a tour even though I had it shut down. I'm going to be offering the tour again on a limited basis, only on Fridays and twice a month for now. I'm so glad that you liked the tour and I greatly appreciate that you took the time to leave a review of your day with us. I'm hoping to also offer the tour in other locations in the city apart from my own home and I'm also offering a Craft Beer Tour as well. I hope the rest of your trip was just as enjoyable​.

Reviewed January 17, 2018

We had such a fun time on our tour today! Being hosted in Frank's home was so nice, and learning about the neighbourhood's history and street art was fascinating. The food was excellent, and we had a really lovely time. Highlight of our trip for sure!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We have done this tour a couple times now and it’s our go to tour when family and friends visit. The food, atmosphere and people are always amazing!

Date of experience: November 2017
Frank A, Owner at AsadoAdventure, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thanks Meghan! You are always welcomed back. We just started up the tours again so hopefully,​ I'll see you again soon!