“Horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marcelo

Marcelo
Ranked #50 of 4,661 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
New York Mills, Minnesota
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to this place which was recommended to me, didnt enjoy it. Very expensive, the pasta was average, the room very noisy and the waiter once our food came forgot about us, we had to keep calling for him even to get drinks it took forever. Waste of time and money, much better places to visit in Buenos Aires

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Firenze
“And my three weeks in South America this was my favorite meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

The restaurant is nicely situated on a canal or river. The view reminded me a bit of Sydney, Australia. The service was spectacularly nice. The food was excellent, especially the carpaccio. The ravioli was big enough for two or three. We have three more nights in Buenos Aires, and I'm sure we'll go back to Marcelos.

SAN FRANCISCO
“Great Food - ATTITUDE”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I'm a little conflicted writing this review because as I look back, the food features prominently in my memory, but my treatment by the waiter is a little fuzzy. I'll start with the food. AMAZING. So good. We had pizza as an appetizer and gnocchi as our meal. Our food was delicious and we really enjoyed it. The service was (until what I write below happened) great - they were so attentive, which was a nice change after experiencing mediocre (at best) service throughout the city. The food portion sizes were big. The waiter warned us they were served family style, but that doesn't even explain it. The gnocchi could have served 4 people.

This leads me to why the restaurant only got an average rating. I have this thing when traveling in countries where there are many poor people - if I have leftovers that are edible, I ask to have them packaged so I can give them to someone on the street. I asked the waiter when he came to ask if we were finished if the food was tossed or given to the waiters if it wasn't finished. He answered me by saying that the food was tossed because they could order whatever they wanted at the end of the night. That being the case, I asked for him to please package the food. When I asked him to do that, rather than saying ok, he asked me why I wanted this done. When I explained to him why, he retorted "should we pack dessert too." I wasn't happy with his response so I told him to pack up the bread that we had left over since we had to pay the "cover." This is a small experience, but I was just so surprised at his attitude, especially in a country that has such a high poverty level.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sao Paulo, SP
“Honest food in Argentina”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I finally found a good restaurant in Argentina!
Good service, beautiful place, delicious food, reasonable price.

Visited June 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best Italian I've had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Superb food! abd great service, not too expensive considering that the dishes are enormous! One entree is more than enough for two or three people.
Don't miss the Chipirones a la Pepperonata and the famous Ravioli a la Marcelo.

• Visited June 2012