“The best Italian in Argentina!”
Review of Marcelo

Marcelo
Ranked #79 of 5,498 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Puerto Madero
Reviewed July 11, 2012

You will find all of the best of Italian food in a classic restaurant and very good service!

4  Thank Felipe A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I live in Brazil and every time I'm in BA I go to this restaurant. I always have the ravioli a la marcelo because it's perfect and all the 3 times i've been there the food had the same quality and the waiters were great. Last time i was with a party of 4 and we shared starters and the ravioli, believe it or not! The plates are so big that everybody was satisfied.

1  Thank Petti83
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Absolutely superb. The portions are very large so order "family style" - 2 main dishes for 4 people are more than enough. The mozzarella is out of this world. The fresh pastas are magnificent. The wine list is extensive at all price points. The best meal I had in this trip was at Marcelos. By the way .. make a reservation.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is by far my favourite italian restaurant in Buenos Aires! The staff is really friendly and makes you feel welcome every time you walk in! I recommend you the pizza bread is excellent! And My favorite dish in the menu is the ravioli a la marcelo! I absolutely Loooove this restaurant! Is nota cheap restaurant and if you don't like waiting you should go early to eat, as is always full. Excellent for a family meal or celebration!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I was in the mood for a nice, long, leisurely lunch one afternoon - something in the Puerto Madero area of Buenos Aires, and while I had read a few very good reviews of this wonderful restaurant, the Concierge at my hotel (Park Tower)corroborated all of the positive elements of the reviews online.

A short walk from my hotel, I found this restaurant to provide absolutely exquisite ambience and decor with service as good as can be expected virtually anywhere in the world. There were at least 3 people attending to my table. They have a deck area where one can look out on the river leading out to the South Atlantic.

I started with their grilled calamari, NOT to be missed! Easily in the top 5 WORLD-WIDE. I also enjoyed some garlic sautéed broccoli and for my entree had the mushroom risotto which topped ANY risotto dish I've had anywhere! That includes Rome, Florence, Milan, New York, and, YES, my hometown, San Francisco, where of course, we expect the best Italian food outside of Italy.

Don't miss this gem of a restaurant. LARGE portions, BYW. Quite romantic as well. And not terribly expensive; two appetizers, risotto and a half bottle of a nice (Norton) Malbec was around $50 US.