“Just for the night with the family (4)”
Review of Terrazas Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Buenos Aires
Terrazas Hotel
Ranked #380 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
New York City, New York
“Just for the night with the family (4)”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We make the reservation through the telephone, and we got a decent rate for a 1 br. (4 beds) room. Almost USD 100 equivalent.
We were placed in an abandoned floor where all the rest of the rooms were open, no furniture, tools and dirt all over the place. Discusting.
The situation turned even worse when the temperature raised to 105 F (40 C) and the AC was not working.

In a nutshell, a place to avoid. There are no many alternatives in Pergamino, but this does not makes Hotel Terrazas a nice place.

Room Tip: Make sure that you get a room on the top floors. The noise at night is significant.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We only had the opportunity to stay one night at Terrazas Hotel in December 2012. We arrived late and the gentleman at the front desk who spoke limited English checked us in very efficiently and showed us to our room. The room was a comfortable temperature but it was on the corner of 2 streets and above the outside lounge patrons so a bit noisy. We were disappointed not to find any soap in the bathroom, but luckily had brought some from a previous hotel stay. The shower was quite small but allowed us to get the job done.
In the morning we discovered the hundreds of tiny holes in the curtains that allowed light to stream in before we were ready to wake up, so the curtains should be replaced. Typical Argentinian breakfast was included: coffee/tea, toast/pastries & toppings, cereal, choice of juices but the highlight was a nice fruit salad. The breakfast was better than most we received during our travels through argentina and the fruit was appreciated. Overall we had an average stay, but it could have been even better with simple touches such as soap and curtains without holes.

Room Tip: Always request to not be overlooking the street if car noise disturbs your rest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed March 16, 2008

I had family business in Pergamino as it was the home of my family when they moved from Buenos Aires. I made the decision to drive from the EZE airport on the nearly 300 kilometer trip to Pergamino (English translation is "Parchment"). I rented a car from Avis at the EZE, made my way through BsAs and found Acceso Norte (with all the help coming from great Trip Advisor experts), drove Ruta 8 to Pergamino and arrived a few hours later. Coming into Pergamino, I trusted my instincts and drove literally straight to the Hotel Terrazas.

I arrived to a marble entrance off a quiet street (Venezuela). I entered the lobby and presented my email confirmations to "Marcela", who spoke no English but for possibly 50 words but they were the words I wanted to hear, "my room was ready." They helped me with my luggage into the elevator and I stayed on the 2nd floor of a 4 floor hotel. My room faced the Venezuela street. I had a nice sized marble bathroom, a queen size bed that was very comfortable, a color cable TV, internet access, a refrigerator and a view of the surrounding areas and rooftops. The people who helped out the most were Marcela, Mariana and Ricardo. There were others just as helpful, like the cleaning and house crews. They spoke no English but kept my room in immaculate condition. The windows in my room had a large wooden shelf that allowed the placement of your luggage on top of it. The ledge covered the bottom half of the windows. That was fine since the sun came into the room but I had these thick curtains which blocked out 95% of the sunlight. See the enclosed photos.

I showered and decided to start my genealogy quest. My family are all dead in Argentina except for 2 relatives who live in BsAs. I needed one cord for my camcorder and I thought I left it in my laptop case and it was not there. I threw everything out of all my suitcases and messed up all my clothes...but found the cord and left. A few hours later, I returned and the house crew had placed every single item back into my suitcases, hung up some of my clothes and the rest were carefully folded! I felt like I had come home. I sat and looked at everything and felt that this was the right hotel from those available to me in Pergamino! I spent an extra day in Pergamino and my 3rd day at Terrazas. Everyday, I met more and more of the hotel staff and all helped me with locations and places to visit. The only down side to my trip and stay was their Internet conked out after my first day. That's how I planned to contact my family but my text messaging capabilities of my phone helped me through that. There is also a LOCUTORIO (Internet and phone access) across the street but I never used it since I was busy.

My bed was made up twice a day since I came back and crashed due to the time difference and the Argentine summer heat. Pergamino is a pocket city of approximately 100,000 people, has mass transit, Remis (private cabs) and taxis. You can walk along Yrigoyen and find anything you need and there are very modern supermarkets for your water and snacks.

The Hotel Terrazas also has free breakfast and that is served in their Cafe/restaurant, right in the lobby (coffee, honey croissants, cereals and milk). The food was excellent and it appears to be a local favorite eating place. I met a few fellow Americans and visitors from other counties and continents. The hotel also has a small swimming pool and a downstairs sunken lobby to sit and relax while waiting on food or the use of the telephone.

Again, I cannot over emphasize the great treatment I was afforded, the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby and the happy people who work there. I did get my clothes washed and pressed for a very nominal fee as I was using more than I had to due to the heat. I will stay here again, if and when I get back to Argentina. I hope your stay will be quite as comfortable. One other note, my room was quiet as I sleep with earplugs. There was one man who told me that his room on the main street was noisy but with earplugs, you can sleep anywhere. The rate was about 40.00 US per night. The refrigerator was stocked. No face towels but clean towels twice a day. No face towels turns out to be something maybe only found in Buenos Aires province since my other hotels did not have them either.

There is a smaller version of the Avenida Florida in BsAs, here, in Pergamino. A few blocks left to pedestrians and strollers. I've posted this advice before, rent a car and then take the Remis or taxis when you don't know the city. The road is under construction heading out of BsAs (as soon as you enter Pilar) but turns into a smooth, flat 2 lane highway leading into Pergamino. They also have double decker busses that can probably get you there in the same time span it took me to drive. I just like control of my own radio and air conditioning. Have a great trip and keep the Hotel Terrazas in mind when visiting Pergamino, Provencia de Buenos Aires.

• Liked — Friendly Staff, clean room, location to what I needed
  • Disliked — The Internet went out on my first day. It was fixed on my last day and is better since the upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CajunArgie