“Asking for tips? Enough said.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casacruz

Casacruz
Ranked #1,581 of 4,661 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Palermo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Asking for tips? Enough said.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Key points:

Entree:

Fois gras creme brulee - Waiter served it and tipped it over, didn't apologise and walked off. This was very tasty though.

Main:

Veal with crispy potatoes and green pepper sauce (medium rare) =
Rare veal with potato chips. I was expecting chat potatoes or something similar instead it was deep fried chips. The knife given as well was a butter knife not a steak knife.

Payment:

Bill came to $820 (two person three course dinner with a bottle of wine). After handing them $900, I didn't receive any change and instead was met with "are you going to leave a tip"

That royally peed me off.

Overall. Seems to be a hit and miss with this place.

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rush001_12

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great romantic dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was our last dinner of our 25th Anniversary celebration trip, and it was amazing. The place was very quiet (Tuesday night), but still the room was sexy (sounds like a strange word to describe a restaurant!). The waitstaff was delightful and helpful. The food was some of the best we've had anywhere. My partner said his oysters were, in fact, the best he's ever had (and I wouldn't think BsAs to be a place to order oysters). I had the roasted fig appetizer, and the pork shoulder with smoked cheese sauce and eggplant puree -- simply marvelous. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2012
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Nice place, could it be better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I went with my wife and had a very nice dinner at Casacruz.
The wine carte is one of the best in the country, no doubt, and the food was good, however, I would have expected a little more from such a fancy restaurant.
Service is also fair.

Visited April 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“You can't eat ambiance...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

...but it sure looks pretty.

Went on a Friday night with a friend. We were told to sit down and wait. We waited patiently for ten minutes before I checked and noticed five empty tables. It was 1am so unlikely anyone had a reservation. I finally tracked down the hostess, who said "We were getting them ready for you."

Server was hurried and did not really attend to us well. We ordered, he left, came back ten minutes later and said, "What did you order again?"

She had shrimp ravioli. It was pretty good, give it a 4/5, but knock it down to a 3 for a criminally small portion.

I had deer. Give the presentation a 4, but knock it down to a 3 for overcooking it. I had asked for it rare, and the server said okay, but clearly had not conveyed this info to the kitchen. The sauce it came with was good.

As other reviews will tell you, the inside is striking, on ambiance, it's an easy 5/5.

If it didn't have ambiance, when factoring in price, I'd give this place 2 stars.

• Visited March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ambiance and amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

The mushroom risotto was the best I've ever had. And the somelier picked a perfect Malbec (Lamadrid). Love this place and would definitely go back.

• Visited March 2012