“Cool vibe and good food and service”

Sucre Restaurant Bar Grill
Reserve a Table
Restorando
Ranked #229 of 6,902 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgrano
Reviewed January 23, 2019

Met two Argentinean coworkers with my wife and had a very nice evening at this cool restaurant. The service was really upbeat and happy. Folks greeted you and wanted you to have a great evening.

I started the night off with the special cocktail of the day. My Spanish was not great so i didn't get all the ingredients but let me tell you it was delicious. I started with the stuffed zucchini flowers. The others had sweetbreads. The appetizers were special and outstanding. I had the ocho de bife, ribeye, which was good but not great. My wife had the fish which was outstanding. I was so full I skipped desert. Wine list was good but not great and prices were high.

We enjoyed the evening. Food was good and service was outstanding. The restaurant was attractive and we could easily talk and get caught up but not feel like we were the only folks in the place.

Date of visit: January 2019
Sucre R, General Manager at Sucre Restaurant Bar Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Dear Alan,
thanks for you kind words. It is indeed a priority to us to make everyone feel welcome and have a great experience.
We'll keep on working to reach your five stars.
Best wishes, Team Sucre.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed December 15, 2018

This was our second night in Buenos Aires, and another treat on the eating front. Having eaten quite a lot of meat so far I decided to go for the Fish for, mains.

But lets start at the beginning, the 'ambience' is very pleasant, nice background music not so loud so you can have a conversation, there were 29 of us on a reward trip from the UK.

We had a 'special' menu due to the size of the party, hmmm Mollejas de Degolladura a las Brasas sounded good! Grilled Sweetbreads, Potatoes, Capers and Aioli that was defo my 1st choice, never had Sweetbreads before, there were several in the group that were not familiar with the Thymus Gland which caused much amusement after we had completed the 1st course and they were confused as they did not taste like 'sweet' 'bread'. oerrrrrr :-) They were VERY good IMHO.

Unfortunately the main course, Fresh Catch of the Atlantic Sea with Pak Choi, Legumes Puree and Clams Broth was a bit of a poor show. I LOVE fish, in fact had some Bass last night at our Christmas do and it was so much better than at the SUCRE. I should have had the steak although one portion seemed enough for a family of four! I could not cut the Pak Choi with the knife so it was all a bit disappointing, I am sure it was probably luck as others were happier with their meals.

Dulce de Leche Lava Cake with Banana Sorbet was a masterpiece, so I quickly forgot the main! it was SOOOOOO good, oozing in the middle, a touch of salt, and the Banana Sorbet matched so well it was delicious.

With Sweet Bread and Fish the wine choice was an La Espera Chardonnay from Mendoza, very pleasant it was too.

A very nice evening, had the Fish been cooked better (mine was very over), I would have awarded a much higher score, the starter and dessert were both excellent.

Date of visit: December 2018

Dear G4UET,
thanks for sharing your experience with us.
We apologize for the poor presentation of the fresh catch. Too bad your experience wasn't great.
On the other hand it makes us happy to know other members of your party were pleased.
Best regards, team Sucre

Reviewed November 18, 2018 via mobile

They have valet parking which is a plus for a very inconvenient area for parking. We were 4, two couples. We all ordered steak, bleu. Only one was on point. Two were medium rare and one of them medium. Flavor and texture was good. Sides were fine. Prices are not cheap but also not extravagant. The restaurant has a nice wine cellar in the middle of the room. Seats are comfy and the waiters attentive and friendly. Can get crowded so try to make a reservation at least for dinner service on weekends.

Date of visit: November 2018

Thanks ParkPablo,
we apologize for the inconvenience with the temperature of the steaks.

Best wishes, team Sucre.

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Sucre has a fabulous, low key but cool style, friendly and relaxed staff and great food. The wine cave is actually in the middle of the restaurant which makes for an incredible centre piece. In true Argentinian style this restaurant is a meat eater's paradise but as vegetarians we had good options and the food was fantastic, all organic vegetables etc. I feel almost blasphemous to say it as an Australian but Sucre served me the best pavlova I've ever eaten - the right amount of soft and chewy meringue over the perfectly paired tropical fruits with fresh cream. At the end of the evening I felt wonderfully well fed and looked after and the host called us a taxi and even walked us to the cab - service!

Date of visit: November 2018
Sucre R, Gerente at Sucre Restaurant Bar Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2018

Dear Donnaprana,

Thank you so much! Such warm words...pleasure to read.

Best regards, Team Sucre.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

This place serves excellent food, mainly to tourists, not locals
The ambiance is very nice, good music and nicely NY style decorated.
The big issue was attention and service

1. We had a reservation 10.30 pm, we arrived 10.15 pm and was plenty of space. But, we were placed for 15 min at the bar and the bartender looked us bad when we refused to order some drinks (obviously that was the main reason for making us wait)
2. We ordered a 720 pesos cab franc wine, and was not available. Waitress brought us another cab franc. When bill arrived, they charged us 1300 for that wine. They should have told us the wine was double the price.

So, be aware of this place. They will try to make your bill as high as possible...

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Revpar02
Sucre R, General Manager at Sucre Restaurant Bar Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Revpar02,

First of all thanks for taking the time to write your comment.

We serve food in Buenos Aires for locals (and tourists) since 2001, 17 straight years, and our main focus is hospitality and great quality.
It makes us sad to read that you didn't feel that way, and we apologize.

We will continue to work in order to make each one of our customers happy.

Best regards, Team Sucre