“Fantastic Staff, make you feel like family”

Holiday Inn Express Marana
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Marana
Dallas TX
“Fantastic Staff, make you feel like family”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

As you can see by my rating this property is superior to most. From the moment that you walk in they treat you like family. I have stayed at this location a total of 3 times and each time the stay is great. From Larry to John to Rosa or Gina they all make sure that when you stay with them they that all of your needs are met.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Rose H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your or your kind words and review. As a consumer, I know how I expect to be treated. I am truly pleased to hear that our entire staff has met your needs and continue to treat you as family. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express, Marana AZ for your lodging needs. We are proud of our hospitality and love to show it off. Safe Travels and see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mico, TX
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Conveniently located off I-10, a good place to stop if you're not staying long and need a quick, inexpensive place to stay for one night. The staff were friendly and the free breakfast was sufficient. The room was clean. My biggest complaint is that the smoking and nonsmoking rooms are all on the same floor intermingled together. Wish I had known this fact before we booked the room.

Room Tip: Book on the 3rd floor for maximum quietness, specify non smoking floor (if they have it).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns with the smoking and non smoking rooms on the same floor. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
We do have two nonsmoking rooms available, 1st and 2nd floor. There is also a front desk clerk available 24hrs for your convenience. We are pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy our Hot Breakfast before heading out for the day. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The lady (7 months pregnant) who handles the breakfast bar does a superior job and I can't speak enough for the service provided. Fresh food constantly checked on and filled. Excellent attention to detail by wiping down of counters, cleaning utensils as needed, keeping coffee fresh, ETC ETC ETC. And an amazing personality through superior customer service always dished with a heaping of smile and customer appreciation which is felt genuinely.
DO NOT STAY AT ANOTHER LOCAL MOTEL AND MISS OUT ON THIS HEAPING HOPITALITY.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Billy B
HIEMarana, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
It sincerely a pleasure speaking with you the other day, and all of your compliments completely lit up Brittany's day. Positive thoughts and experiences are what we strive for and I am so happy to hear you were so pleased. We would like to welcome you to our facility any time!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was only a short overnight stay; however, I would definitely stay again. The hotel staff was friendly and although I did not have reservations I was able to get a room. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was a nice size and very clean. Although I did not have time to eat breakfast the hotel offers breakfast from, I believe, 6:00 am to 9:30 am. I did a walk through to grab something to drink and the food looked good. There are also restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations surrounding the hotel, which was convenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Marana, AZ! We strive for excellence and hearing kind words such as yours makes our job that much rewarding! The next time you stay with us I hope you are able to enjoy our HOT and HEALTHY breakfast, including omelettes, bacon, or sausage AND we also have a automatic pancake maker! We look forward to your future reservations. =)
California
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My stay for one night in this Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marana was okay. The GOOD: comfortable bed for a good night sleep after a long day of driving. Room was very clean. Check in was fast. I didn't try out the room's Wi-Fi because I don't have my laptop, but when I was at the Business Center, the computers were fast. They had new Windows 8 computers and I tested their internet speeds, which was really fast. Download Speed was 26 Mbps and Upload Speed was 10 Mbps. Breakfast hours are 6:30am to 9:30am.

The BAD: I didn't have my toothpaste and there is a bathroom sign in bold letters that say this: "Forget Something? If you forgot to pack any standard toiletry item (toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, razor or comb) just call the front desk and we'll get you a complimentary replacement right away." So I called the front desk and the person told me that they don't have any toothpaste and they are waiting for a shipment. I specifically told them about the bathroom sign but they did not do anything about it. Well good thing I found a Wal-Mart across the street but still, they can't keep up to their words.

Breakfast was nothing special. Basic scramble eggs, bacon and pancakes (no sausage). The other Holiday Inn express hotels that I stayed in had way better breakfast than this. Their Orange Juice was the worst Orange Juice I have ever had in a hotel. It was probably 50% water and 50% Orange Juice.

Overall, this hotel is okay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank d2012t
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear d2012t,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Juan, PR
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July, 2013. Check in was fast and efficient. Room was warm upon arrival because housekeeping turns off the a/c when not occupied; however, room cooled down fairly quickly. Beds were comfortable and we slept well. Room was clean; furnishings were average moderate-priced accommodations. Nice Bath and Body Work toiletries. Only heard the train a couple of times; it never disturbed our sleep. (Trains go by ALL hotels in Marana). Breakfast was fine - typical for this type of hotel. Pool was fine - nothing special, but our kids enjoyed a dip. Several good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean and new. If you are looking for your average stay this would be the place. Nothing disapointed me but nothing sent me saying wow I would stay no where else but here. If the price is competitive I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Nesy76
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Nesy76,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am very pleased that you noticed the cleanliness of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marana
Days Inn & Suites Tucson/Marana
White Stallion Ranch
White Stallion Ranch
#1 of 130 in Tucson
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain

Been to Holiday Inn Express Marana? Share your experiences!