“good clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Marana
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Marana
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in July, 2013. Check in was fast and efficient. Room was warm upon arrival because housekeeping turns off the a/c when not occupied; however, room cooled down fairly quickly. Beds were comfortable and we slept well. Room was clean; furnishings were average moderate-priced accommodations. Nice Bath and Body Work toiletries. Only heard the train a couple of times; it never disturbed our sleep. (Trains go by ALL hotels in Marana). Breakfast was fine - typical for this type of hotel. Pool was fine - nothing special, but our kids enjoyed a dip. Several good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean and new. If you are looking for your average stay this would be the place. Nothing disapointed me but nothing sent me saying wow I would stay no where else but here. If the price is competitive I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Nesy76
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Nesy76,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am very pleased that you noticed the cleanliness of our property. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I just stayed at HIE for 2 nights while attending a nearby retreat. Overall the hotel was fine...clean, etc. But, when I went to get into bed at 10:30 at night..I found there was some sand in the bed. At closer inspection, the sheets were not taught and there were hairs (at least 10) I pulled out. I called the front desk. Attendant was nice and did ask if I wanted to change rooms, but I declined. I had unpacked all my stuff in this room, it was late. I was exhausted..in my Jammie's, etc. I just asked the front desk to please leave word to make sure they were changed the next day, cuz it is gross. He apologized and said they would discount the first night. When I left next day I stopped at front desk to reiterate request. Again they apologized. The second night upon returning I could tell the sheets were fresh--good!
However when checking out (it was the General Mgr) manning the desk, I asked if he'd been told about the first night. He said he had. He did not make eye contact with me once. He told me I should've changed rooms. I explained it was 10:30 at night, I was ready for bed..and had unpacked all my stuff (I had a lot of things). He did not offer a discount or even an apology. It was clear to me, I guess he didn't believe me...because I hadn't moved? I've backpacked thru Europe when I was young, I've roughed it before...I could live with it to avoid the hassle of moving/packing up all my things and resettling...but I sure would've expected a lot more from a HIE...at least an apology. I won't stay again because of this, they've lost my business. I'd stay at the Comfort inn--it looks as nice. C Clark (Phx Az)

Room Tip: If sound of train doesn't bother you...it's fine
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Cari C,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Marana, AZ .

Orlando A.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Only thing bad about this hotel and its a big one, is the trains going by every hour all night long. Not only could you feel them rumble by, but they sounded their horns as well. This HIExpress is a nice hotel, but I will not stay here again because I like my sleep. Sorry HIExpress.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear DebM819,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered with the noise. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. Despite your disappointment we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C

Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great motel this was in so many ways for our recent trip to Tucson. The king bed suite was roomy, very clean, and up to date. Daily maid service was excellent and the included breakfast included many choices including small omelettes, bagels, yogurt, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, cinnamon rolls. One big disappointment, however, was the swimming pool. The water was very cloudy and we never once saw anyone clean it. We could smell chlorine so we felt like it was safe to swim in but it just wasn't appealing. The front desk told us that this motel mostly has clients that are business people who do not perhaps use a pool. Overall, a good place to stay for many reasons but if part of your vacation includes relaxing by a pool and swimming, you may want to select a different motel. one other issue was that the air conditioner was very loud and the fan runs constantly. We considered turning it off overnight and opening the windows but then figured we would have other noise. This did interfere with our sleep for sure and I wish that we knew in advance about this aspect of the room.

Room Tip: If there are relevant differences between rooms, i am not aware of them.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chicagoans60438
HIEMarana, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your interest in Holiday Inn Express in Marana, AZ!

I sincerely apologize for the appearance of our pool during your stay in early April. As your comments are very valuable to making our hotel a better place for you, the guest, I have forwarded this review to my general manager so we can improve. Also, I am very sorry your air conditioner was loud. If we ever have you in our neck of the woods again, I hope you will be willing to stay with us again.

-Gina

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Even though it was Gem Show in Tucson, Chris at the front desk greeted me warmly and thanked me for being a Platinum member. He gave our party water bottles and snacks. The hotel was very clean with updated rooms. There were cookies and ice water at check in. The guest laundry only had one washer/dryer, but they were in good condition and not overly expensive. Room prices were exorbitant because of Gem Show.

Only two concerns:
1. Several of my party said they had a hard time sleeping because of all the train noise.
2. We were given a handicap room (I'm assuming because of the busyness of Gem Show). It's fine except for the design of the shower. The shower head is definitely designed for someone to be sitting down. It was way too low. Also, the shower curtain was about 2 inches too short, which made for a lake of water in the bathroom. We cleaned it up as best we could with our towels, but that could be very dangerous for someone who's actually in a wheelchair.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank LarkNag
HIEMarana, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Marana, AZ! I am so very sorry certain guests were unable to sleep due to the train, in cases like this, our Front Desk offers hearing protection for your comfort. Thank you for your feedback about our Handi-cap accessible rooms, our maintenence department has been forwarded your comments. If you are ever in our area again, please come and see us! -Gina

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Family of two adults and two teenage sons stayed two nights in mid-December. Room was a two bed queen and we were able to organise a rollaway bed at a small extra cost. The room was clean and comfortable and met our needs very well. Office staff were very helpful and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was the usual American continental starter and was adequate. We stayed in a third floor room and did hear the train in the early evening but it didn't bother us during the night. Hotel also has a guest laundry which we were pleased to see.
Some reasonable eating options close by, we tried the Cracker Barrell the first night (simple home style) and at the suggestion of the office person, went to Nana's Kitchen (Excellent Mexican) the second night. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and happy to recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoffdb24
HIEMarana, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Marana, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Marana! I am very pleased you had such a good stay. If you are ever in our area again, please stop by to see us! -Gina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marana
La Quinta Inn & Suites NW Tucson Marana
The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain
White Stallion Ranch
White Stallion Ranch
#1 of 129 in Tucson

Been to Holiday Inn Express Marana? Share your experiences!